878 Vikings

Started by Nefaro, July 17, 2017, 03:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

The Pre-Order is coming down to the wire since the games have been on the ship, to the US, for a few days. 

Actually looks like they're gonna meet the August delivery estimation listed in their Kickstarter.  Which is rare for anyone to do, in my experience.

So I finally got off the fence & used the Grogheads Link to pick up the Kickstarter version of 878 Vikings.

Anyone else get the KS/pre-order?

Had debated picking up 1775: Rebellion for the past couple years.  But after seeing all the shinies in this new viking invasion-themed one, based on the same system, it took precedence.   :dreamer:

I expect there will be a Tabletop Simulator version sometime in the future..  :coolsmiley:

bayonetbrant

I've got 1775 in my "need to play it soon" pile over here

Saw 878 at Origins and it looks very nice
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

I am not a board gamer but that map is uber-sexy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

The unlocked stretch goals made me buckle.

Actual minis, instead of cubes, is a big plus for me.  Especially since each factions' pieces are a different sculpt.  They don't have to be amazingly detailed, but the colored cubes of the older games just look quite bland. 

They were also difficult for me to "step back" and get a big overall picture of the map situation.  I suppose their uniform shapes made them all look too much alike, despite color difference, to me.  There's probably some kind of psychology theory about shape-vs-color contrasts on individual levels.

I'm guessing they're going to be charging separately for the expansion, and any KS extras, after it goes retail.  Being a near-completionist, it's best I got it included in the pre-order package on the cheap.   

Gusington

The cards are beautifully done. I wish it had solo play :(

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Phantom

I think anything can be solo play if you put your mind to it (or if your schizophrenic).

Good game to buy after watching the excellent "Last Kingdom" that was on BBC recently and I think is on Netflix?? - A cross between British History & Game of Thrones, well worth catching if you haven't seen it yet.

Regards
Keith

Nefaro

They've begun shipping in NA.

Mad Russian

I bought it on KS and it arrived on Tuesday.

Looks great!!

I played it with Uwe Eickert at the WBC con in Seven Springs Resort in Pa.

Plays smoothly.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.