Origins 2018 ~ June 13-17 (Columbus OH)

Started by bayonetbrant, June 21, 2017, 07:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on June 18, 2018, 11:27:42 AM
Safe trip home guys.

Bayonet Jr and I actually came home last night.  We got in around 11pm, but we made it.  Father's Day dinner at Bob Evans in Beckley WV, but it was a good day going home.

He was actually getting into the spirit of the after-action feedback with some ideas for the booth for next year.

panzerde

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 18, 2018, 12:12:23 PM
Bayonet Jr and I actually came home last night.  We got in around 11pm, but we made it.  Father's Day dinner at Bob Evans in Beckley WV, but it was a good day going home.

He was actually getting into the spirit of the after-action feedback with some ideas for the booth for next year.

I've been to Beckley. It's very likely that the two of you possessed the majority of teeth in the town while you were there. Good place to go rafting, though.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Barthheart

Quote from: panzerde on June 18, 2018, 12:23:10 PM
.... Good place to go rafting, though.

To the sound of banjo music....  :o

panzerde

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

panzerde

Quote from: bob48 on June 18, 2018, 12:44:32 PM
It sounds delightful.

Quiet you. You had a man kill himself trying to prove to his mates that his vest was "stab proof" by, yes, stabbing himself with a knife. I bet he was missing teeth, too.

bob48

If teef are that scarce there, i bet one of his mates has 'em now.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

panzerde

bbmike

Made it back! Driving down I-270 into DC is not as bad on Monday as it is on Sunday, but it is still bad.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on June 18, 2018, 02:46:51 PM
Made it back! Driving down I-270 into DC is not as bad on Monday as it is on Sunday, but it is still bad.

It's DC...

airboy

My trip home was #2 all time worst on the suck scale.  I was dead stopped on I-65 in South Kentucky for 3+ hours due to a horrific wreck.  Probably at least one person died.  After 11+ hours on the road I spent the night in Athens, AL.  I had a very uneventful 4.5 hours trip on Tuesday morning home.

I've had one worse interstate trip in my life (omitting my car crash) in my life.