Steam Summer Sale 2019 Thread

Started by AchillesLastStand, June 25, 2019, 04:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2019, 12:41:02 PM
I feel personally responsible for the addition of Deserts of Kharak and the dlc, Kingdoms and Castles, and Empire at War. Sweet.
Guilt. That feeling you are having should be Guilt.
To make it worse, I bought a second copy of the Deserts of Khazak package and gifted it to my son, who had to stay at work in Midland. I omitted that purchase from my list.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

Ha family ties as well!! WINNING.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RedArgo

I put Empire at War in my cart at $6.99, went to look at my wishlist to see if I needed anything else, went to the cart and it was back to full price. Guess there is always next sale.  Now what will I play except my 100 other unplayed games?  :)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2019, 11:48:12 AM
Yeah I got Star Wars - Empire at War on Steam just for the mods, including one called Thrawn's Revenge that has some epic capital ship combat. Downloaded/subscribed last night and fired it up but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to tell if the mods are active or not...

...very much looking forward to Kingdoms and Castles now.

Been playing kingdoms for a a few hours.....I have been ravaged by viking invasions twice, the friendly dragon has visited my town multiple times, and fire has broken out....I really need to buy a fire department instead of just watching my kingdom burn:)

solops

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 09, 2019, 02:38:18 PM
Been playing kingdoms for a a few hours.....I have been ravaged by viking invasions twice, the friendly dragon has visited my town multiple times, and fire has broken out....I really need to buy a fire department instead of just watching my kingdom burn:)

"Friendly" dragon visits town and fires break out.
Hmmmm.....
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

Relax everybody...loins have been moistened and we all survived.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

"Survived" {in Doctor Evil fingerquotes}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

Although ironically i spent about 2.5 the amount i did on the Steam sale on board games last weekend.
Insert witty comment here.

Toonces

Man, I totally forgot to look at some DLCs.  I wanted that ARMA 3 Germany DLC pretty bad, and I definitely would have pimped out my install of CK2 some more.  Ah well, there's always Labor Day.

My total haul was F1: 2018 and at the last minute last night I bought Dive to the Titanic for a buck.  It sounds rather annoying until you complete all the quests and unlock the exploration mode (if I read things right) but I figure for a dollar I'll give it a go.

While not part of the sale, I do intend to pick up Wings Over Flanders Fields: Ultimate Edition soon, probably this weekend.

Ended up not picking up anything for DCS this time around.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

jamus34

So my take

pillars of eternity 2 Deadfire
Divinity original sin2
Hearts of Iron 2 complete
Men of war assault squad 2
Diety Empires
Rise of Nations
Towns and castles
Insert witty comment here.

AchillesLastStand

Didn't pick up a whole lot especially being that my library is backlogged with games that more than likely will never be finished.
Managed to pick up..
RUST, 8 bucks.
Rising Storm 2, 8 bucks
And Fields of Glory 2 for 14.99. For Sunday only Fanatical had it for 7 bucks as well as discounts on all the DLC, right now they have it for 14.69.

Doesn't really count for Steam sale but will pick up FOG Empires when it becomes available.

Bardolph

Waited till the absolute last minute and picked up:

Aggressors: Ancient Rome. Third time's the charm. I hope. Previous attempts ran into technical issues. Hoping it works this time.

GTA V: Already put in for a refund. In spite of 100+ FPS the game stuttered and lagged horribly. This was a second try for this game, and between the two attempts I used up my 2 hour refund window trying to get it to run properly.

Ultimate General: Civil War. I wasn't sure about this one even after watching several videos on it, but grabbed it anyway and played the first scenario tonight and liked it well enough. Vaguely reminiscent of Sid's Gburg.

Looked hard at War in the West, TOAW 4, the Command Ops dlc and Deep Rock Galactic but decided to save the rest of my Steam $$ for FOG: Empires.

FlickJax

Proud of myself didnt buy any :)