Call up FRIDAY on the telephone

Started by MetalDog, February 14, 2020, 06:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Quote from: Martok on February 15, 2020, 03:17:05 PM
Good tune-age, MD!  I haven't listened to Charlie Daniels in a while now, but it's hard to go wrong with them.  O0 

Thank you, sir!  There's never a bad time for CDB. 

Got my ass handed to me three times by a friend of mine in Arena.  Almost h ad him the first game.  Got smoked the other two.  In my defense, he was playing with much better cards than me in decks he had constructed.  I was using the tutorial decks.  Time to start grinding out Gold for cards.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

The current level I am at in Jedi Fallen Order has also been kicking me in the nuts, repeatedly - don't feel bad. Finally advanced earlier.

After that, I fired up the modded Empire at War too and just sat and stared at the map - no idea how to do anything!

Manuals...I miss them.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

My buddy has a brain for this sort of thing.  It's amazing to watch.

jamus34

I'm in a pretty bad rut in arena too.

Still a newb at the game but this season I'm at around a 30% win rate. Ouch.
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

I just spent most of the day grinding.  I lost more than I won, but I am on Bronze Tier 1.  Just had a 37 to 3 Health lead and lost to a Planeswalker.  I am going to miss my daily goal, too.  That's ok.  Tomorrow is more of the same.

jamus34

I managed to get to the lowest gold level (gold 4 i think) last season. This season I am struggling just to get out of bronze.

I am getting crap card pulls and the other players are extremely op. Last night I played a guy who dropped at least 5-6 plane walkers cards on me.
Insert witty comment here.

CJReich46

Since I had to work this Sunday.

I thought, "Why not get Divine Divinity Original Sin Enhanced on GOG.com for 13.00?" So I did. I am really enjoying this game. So that's another off the list. 
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

MetalDog

Mostly played Civ IV mp for the first time in a dog's age.  We play cooperatively and they couldn't have set us up better.  I am Justinian I of the Byzantines and Malathion is Hammurabi.  I am prosecuting a war to put Ragnar off the continent.  Hammurabi is doing research and knowledge trading.  Hopefully, once this war is done, I can ramp up my own Research and we can really take off.  However, Zara Yaqob is on our continent, too.  And his usual spread of cities is in effect.  We will have to deal with him sooner or later. 

We've just discovered the Eastern Hemisphere.  Alexander just scooped up Hannibal and Cyrus as his vassals and Wang Kon STILL sits atop the leaderboard.  It's a tough row to hoe, but, we'll get after it.

Got 5 matches of Arena in.  Went 4-1.  Almost blew the last game being overzealous in playing cards in my hand.  I had a flyer he couldn't block with enough damage to kill him and end the game.  Instead, I destroyed one of his huge 8/7 creatures which triggered his special power.  It seems if the creature was ever a target of a spell, he fights a creature not controlled by that player.  So he killed my flier.  I still killed his creature, but, it was a major blunder on my part.  Thankfully, a few turns later, I had established enough attacking force to overwhelm him.

Gusington

The deaths I have been having in Jedi Fallen Order are even more hilarious than Skyrim. Besides getting me frustrated I really laugh my ass off too. Always the sign of a great game.

I have read that Fallen Order is Souls-like too...maybe I could actually get into Sekiro, then.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd