Call up FRIDAY on the telephone

Started by MetalDog, February 14, 2020, 06:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

If this little boogie don't get your ass moving, I don't know what will!

I've got three mp games of FoG:E to trade turns of.  I am in a decent position in all three of them, but, that could change at any time.  I taught my game group Magic the Gathering last Saturday and they took to it like a duck to water.  Now, they have me playing Magic the Gathering Arena online.  So I will be grinding matches to gain gems to buy better cards.

Happy weekend Grogs!  Oh, and take care of that wife/gf/significant other you have at home.  It's their favorite holiday today ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Continuing Jedi - Fallen Order and starting a modded Empire at War campaign, not sure which faction I will choose yet.

Also bought X Wing Alliance to install a massive mod and update pack for it - hope to try that out too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 14, 2020, 08:50:36 AM
Continuing Jedi - Fallen Order and starting a modded Empire at War campaign, not sure which faction I will choose yet.

Also bought X Wing Alliance to install a massive mod and update pack for it - hope to try that out too.

Been playing the Remake: Fallen Order mod. Very good.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GroggyGrognard

Good song pick!

Just dipped back into The Division 2 this week, so I plan on some more game time with it this weekend. Looking forward to the new DLC expansion--Warlords of New York--that's coming out in a few weeks.

Playing a game of Wingspan with my girlfriend to help celebrate Valentine's Day weekend.  O0

Have a great weekend, Grogs!

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

-budd-

The usual pbem game turns, FOG2 and BA. Irish vs Irish in FOG2, and i've got the French against the Germans in BA. Been putting time into Skyrim, my wood elf archer with a little touch of destructive magic is up to level 10. Kind of cheesed the game a bit, but it was funny as hell. I was a lower level and decide to take on a giant. I wasn't making much headway and the bastard was all over me, so i get him to follow me to the town. You know the drill, shoot him and if he starts to turn around and stop chasing, shoot him again and run some more. i get the giant to outside of the town and he's knocking the shit out of the town folk outside.......hahaha, they take him down enough for me to finish him off, then i loot the bodies of the dead town folk \m/ .............classic. Did the same thing with some higher level Boss bandits and a mammoth.....cheesy i know. Hasn't been all wine and roses, a damn troll killed my horse, my second horse, first one died when i tried to go down to steep a slope.....damn, those things are a $1000 gold each, well i'm back on foot.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

Thanks JH.

Budd I think the hardest I have ever laughed while PC gaming has been while playing Skyrim. Of all the epic deaths I have suffered through 100+ games, the deaths in Skyrim have been the epic-est.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I love Skyrim. Except for the dragons, they scare the shit out of me. And the giant spiders that drop down on you in the caves. I would rather spend an afternoon wandering through an abandoned Dwarven city than get free beer and nuts at a bar.  :smitten:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 14, 2020, 11:12:10 PM
I love Skyrim. Except for the dragons, they scare the shit out of me. And the giant spiders that drop down on you in the caves. I would rather spend an afternoon wandering through an abandoned Dwarven city than get free beer and nuts at a bar.  :smitten:

I did enjoy Skyrim...but this weekend I think HLL and World of Warships.  Here's HMS London:

Sir Slash

Ohhh. She's a pretty little thing isn't she?  :smitten:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 15, 2020, 11:38:53 AM
Ohhh. She's a pretty little thing isn't she?  :smitten:

Like most heavy cruisers, she works better in this game than she ever did in reality (Japanese Cruisers excepted -- I'm looking at you Imperial Navy).

Martok

Good tune-age, MD!  I haven't listened to Charlie Daniels in a while now, but it's hard to go wrong with them.  O0 

My Reiksland campaign in Warhammer II continues.  It's interesting how the game constantly makes me feel like I'm teetering between smashing success and utter disaster; I can't decide whether I find it frustrating or brilliant. 

Am feeling the need for some good, epic space-strategy once more.  Am still feeling burned out on Stellaris, but maybe some Distant Worlds?  Hmm... 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Sir Slash

I managed to get in a little quality time with, 'Age of Charlemagne' for Attila TW. Here the soldiers of Good King Aurelio of Asturias storm the Saracen city of Zaragoza, Autumn 773 A.D.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd