Main Menu

Zero Hour

Started by Jarhead0331, February 14, 2021, 09:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

Holy crap, I finally cracked the first mission.  Got 4 penalties for unauthorized force.  One of them was because I got startled and shot the gun out of someone's hand before they could react (I think they would have surrendered anyway).  The second was when I got startled and shot someone who was surrendering point blank in the chest.   :-"  I'm not sure what the other 2 were from, but I assume they were from reacting too quickly and shooting someone before they could choose between "surrender" or "fight."  Compared to SWAT 4, it's quite a bit harder to distinguish the animations (or I'm not used to them yet).  It would be cool if they add the "fake surrender" animations from SWAT.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Silent Disapproval Robot

I got 90/100 on mission 1, 100/100 on mission 2 (it was very easy).  3 of us tackled mission 3 and managed to get 40/100 as it's even tougher than mission one but the advancement parameters are easier.  Currently stuck on mission 4.  Its fun but very tough as there's a time limit.  I've come very close to beating it a few times but always manage to catch a round or walk into a tripwire just as I'm about to complete the objectives.  My best is 30/100 so far.  Need 40 to advance 

zenolover1

I like it. Its cheap, and the devs seem to work fast. Its got some issues but nothing that would majorily turn me off from it. I especially love the PvP, when you get people with mics it becomes really really fun.

Skoop

Currently 40% off and under 8 bucks.  Games a steal even at full price.

Silent Disapproval Robot

New patch dropped that added two more missions, some new Rooskie weapons, smoke grenades, and cut scenes.

Jarhead0331

...and another big update just dropped. New maps, weapons, new sounds. First game to model tinnitus as far as I know.

Ninja'd by SDR.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^SDR is not fooling around today.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Does he ever?   ^-^
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Sometimes he disapproves of such dourness :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on August 25, 2021, 09:18:29 PM
Sometimes he disapproves of such dourness :)

But he does so in silence.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

^Almost like he's not even here. Then he de-cloaks...and disapproves again.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on August 26, 2021, 03:21:27 PM
^Almost like he's not even here. Then he de-cloaks...and disapproves again.

It's all very mechanical. Almost robotic.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd