For fans of Skyrim...Enderal: Forgotten Stories

Started by Gusington, February 24, 2021, 08:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

...I give you Enderal: Forgotten Stories, a totally standalone game built within Skyrim's engine:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/933480/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories/

I played an earlier iteration of Enderal a few years ago before it was available on Steam and loved it. This latest iteration has roughly 125+ hours of gameplay in the campaign. I will be starting it soon.

The creator of Enderal (Nicolas Lietzau) has also published a book based in the same world, called Dreams of the Dying, which I just purchased to read along with while playing the game:

https://amzn.to/3q0oJV7

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Elvis

Wow. I have no idea when I'll have time for this but I gotta try to find a way to make time. Thanks!

Gusington

^Ha you're the last person I expected to be interested! You're welcome.

The creator (Nicolas Lietzau) makes me feel like I've done nothing with my life while he's sauntering around creating worlds, publishing books and stitching together giant PC RPGs, and those for free no less.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Isn't Enderal an NSAID alternative to opiates?

;)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on February 25, 2021, 05:00:24 PM
Heh this is not that.

8)

Damn, thought Steam Workshop had finally come up with something worthwhile.

Actually, I don't mean that at all - I'm always impressed by people who have the skill and determination to create mods

Gusington

This was also available outside the Steam workshop for years.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Wait, are we talking about the game or the drug?

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Elvis

Quote from: Gusington on February 25, 2021, 03:05:47 PM
^Ha you're the last person I expected to be interested! You're welcome.

I've tried other wargames and they always make me wish I was playing CM (I understand this is just an Elvis thing). The only other games I play are Civilization (various versions over the years) and have gone through Dragon Age and Skyrim. Oh yeah...and some Madden on the Xbox.

Gusington

I loved the original Dragon Age and the third installment. Not the second one so much.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Elvis

Quote from: Gusington on February 25, 2021, 10:23:37 PM
I loved the original Dragon Age and the third installment. Not the second one so much.

I'm 100% with you.

Gusington

You said you had really limited time to play - definitely try to carve out some space for Enderal. It is worth any time you spend on it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 06:51:51 PM
You said you had really limited time to play - definitely try to carve out some space for Enderal. It is worth any time you spend on it.

Been playing it for a couple of hours now.  It's a well done free game based on the Skyrim engine....but it is much more difficult than vanilla Skyrim, I had to lower to difficulty setting and am still struggling to stay alive.

Sir Slash

Also a good bit darker too from what I understand.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.