I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass

Started by Jarhead0331, February 26, 2021, 07:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Valheim, Lock 'N Load, DCS, maybe some warhammer Gladius and lord knows what else.

Everybody have a good one.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Geezer

Dyson Sphere Program, beta testing a game whose name cannot be spoken.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Dammit Carl!

Again, I fall prey to Ubi's Division 2 franchise as I roam the mean streets of D.C. and New York just blowing the hell out of everything.

My "perfect world," setup for the game would be to have the leveling stuff stay but do away with gear nonsense and have more of a Breakpoint feel with things there, but still can't complain too much as it has that "one more mission," thing that just makes me ignore the Mrs. and tune the world out for a few hours.

Have fun, folks, and be safe!

Destraex

Steel Division 2
Star Citizen

Maybe some holdfast.

https://i.imgur.com/qOkcRrm.mp4
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

W8taminute

Now that's a good song to listen to on a Friday. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Hahaha great song choice. And Friday has always had a great ass. Just sayin'.

Knee deep into Total War: Thrones of Britannia and enjoying it. It is a good appetizer for my next AAA game plunge, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. It beckons.

Beyond that, Attila TW with the 1212AD mod and Enderal: Forgotten Stories, with perhaps a smattering of Curse of the Dead Gods.

Dammit Carl how is, or, is there any, single player fun to be had in The Division 2? That game is like the fantasy PC game for me except it is MMO. If there is any single player content at all I must have it. One of the DLCs is even set where I grew up (Coney Island).

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 09:26:03 AM
Dammit Carl how is, or, is there any, single player fun to be had in The Division 2? That game is like the fantasy PC game for me except it is MMO. If there is any single player content at all I must have it. One of the DLCs is even set where I grew up (Coney Island).

I've honestly only ever played/am playing it as a single player; the missions you get can be done with others or you can do it by your lonesome - I think the game scales opponents per how many Players are running the mission, but am not sure.  Now, if you do Dark Zone runs (going off of my Div 1 play) and you come across a group of other Players in there and you are by yourself, you will die and die quickly.

I've not gotten too far in Div 2 play in NYC, I'm afraid.  I took my first character who was at level 14/15 in D.C. and went with the option of upping his level in order to go to NYC.  Once there, I promptly started bagging Cleaners and got a little ways in before creating yet another character and starting the D.C. run all over again. :bd:

Hope that answers your question some as I'm prone to ramble a bit.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 09:26:03 AM

Beyond that, Attila TW with the 1212AD mod

That's a fun mod!  But as for me...just Armored Brigade and Board games.

Gusington

Dammit Carl! wrong answer...for my wallet. Right answer for me. *goes shopping*

And Meng 1212 is totally epic, and gets updated almost daily with new stuff. It is The Mod of All Mods.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

TW Attila with the Ancient Empires mod. I may be liking it better than Rome 2...too early to be sure.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 10:32:06 AM

I'd say sorry, but I do so love the Division games.  Hell, I'm gonna buy Division merch one of these days for sure.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 10:32:06 AM

And Meng 1212 is totally epic, and gets updated almost daily with new stuff. It is The Mod of All Mods.

I loved 1212.  Might get back to it some time.

Gusington

Total disclosure...I own the first Division game, never played it, so I installed it and since Carl has done the whole 2nd game solo, I see no reason why the first one can't also be played solo.

But first I will be starting a 1212 campaign, probably as one of the Greek/Byzantine factions. There are so many to choose that it makes me dizzy.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 01:21:40 PM
Total disclosure...I own the first Division game, never played it, so I installed it and since Carl has done the whole 2nd game solo, I see no reason why the first one can't also be played solo.

Up to you, but would also suggest picking up the Div 1 expansions as well - albeit when they are on sale.  I've not done the "Survival," or "Last Stand,:" side-games, but the "Underground," one is, to me, tons-o-fun, and one that I've spent some time in as well.  Can only hope they come up with something similar to "Underground," for Div 2.

JasonPratt

Been a week or two since I took my new floating castle out for a spin...

That isn't the starting ship in Warhammer: Man-o-war: Corsair -- as in the title, you start with a Corsair, which is definitely not trash. Pound for pound it may be the best ship in the game. This on the other hand is a big bulky Imperial Greatship, albeit originally one from Kislev, which got overrun with zombies.... To quote Nicholas D. Wolfwood from Trigun, "It's a long story, but kind of a short one." (A lot of Corsair fits that description. ;) )

My rough goal in the game has been to work my way around the coastline to a multi-nation confederation in the south where I'm hoping to find a dwarven port who will one way or another provide me with a dwarven steamship, as I'm very curious about how it runs. Until then I'm probably committed to getting this thing upgraded as far as possible. As much as I kind of miss my Corsair (the "Nieceae", parked at a warehouse in Brettonia somewhere), I love being able to hit anything I want from any angle now instead of only by broadsides. The fore and rear guns on this thing are murderous, due to their naturally focused fire. Being able to buy time sailing away from my target while I rip them apart is just the best.  >:D

Naturally, I'll still be buying more guns for all sides eventually. This franchise is where "more dakka" originates.

Otherwise, doing many various mp games, including getting back to a Dominant Species 4-player match tomorrow on Tabletop Simulator.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!