Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance

Started by Boggit, May 24, 2023, 12:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

It's out.

I'm playing through the campaign again. It is a very polished game and they did a particularly good job on unit variety. I'm looking forward to exploring this thing in more detail...especially when I can't get into Hell Divers II...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Jarhead I am loving this game. Just a little bummed they promised multiplayer skirmish coop approx two weeks from release and nothing yet (EDIT: I just looked and multiplayer improvements are listed in the patche after next as a focus). Only 4 missions or so into the campaign so no spoilers. I was not going to post here until I had finished the campaign, but as I am now distracted by Warthunder events I thought I would express my SUPREME satisfaction with this game. It has everything I want from a RTS game and a Terminator one. Absolutely brilliant story telling and company of heroes or men of war 2 assault squad features such as use of cover and picking up or scavenging weapons from the battlefield.

This is what starships troopers terran command should have been.

By the way has anybody noticed that a lot of the best games have been coming out of eastern countries for many years now? I think these guys might be Hungarian? It's like the western studios are paralised by high wages and brain drain to higher paid jobs outside of the game industry. Additionally Western overheads seem to include a lot of social elements which water things down. For example Homeworld3 devs 4 day working week and focus on social events more than game updates.

To illustrate here are the tutorial pages that turn up throughout the campaign and are also available I believe in the main menu. There is also an encyclopdia of vehicles etc. Very well done. What more could you want? You can basically do whatever tactical method you wish with all of these features.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"