Important Weather News

Started by solops, September 12, 2022, 11:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Good point. Too bad those 1000 lb. batteries can't just be changed out like AAA's can. Since they all come from China made by slave labor,  maybe we could ask them to help us out with that?  :P
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Florida shedding the water from Ian.

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

+1 great shot...Slash I'm just catching up, you ok?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

All's well here, thanks Gus. Star's pics are from my backyard.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I've always wanted Water Front Property. For several days last week I had it.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 10, 2022, 10:27:33 PM
I've always wanted Water Front Property. For several days last week I had it.

Country artists might be clairvoyant.

I got some ocean front property in Arizona
From my front porch you can see the sea

JasonPratt

Arizona and other points around the quad-point have certainly been getting floody rains for a while now!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 11, 2022, 07:25:09 AM
Arizona and other points around the quad-point have certainly been getting floody rains for a while now!

A little bit of rain that comes down in torrents for a short time (an hour or two), causes a flood then dries up.

Interesting WWII Arizona story with the weather thrown in; There was a POW camp near Phoenix that held a bunch of U-boat crewmen. They managed to find a map of Arizona that showed the Gila river that flows from Phoenix to the Colorado River, then to Mexico. So the POWs spent several weeks building a secret boat, and several of them managed to break out one night and carry the boat down to the river. All they found was a dry river bed. Basically, the river only has water after heavy rains, and even then not very much. Disheartened, the U-boatmen dropped their boat and returned to the POW camp. 

But the big weather story in Arizona is a very long, very bad drought on one hand, and crazy urban sprawl and increasing water demands on the other.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

Hey, wait, did I see a news story pop up about that boat being found recently?? {checking}

Ah, no, it was at Shasta Lake, but it's a great piece of WW2 history: https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/mystery-surrounds-wwii-ghost-boat-found-in-california-lake-amid-low-water-revels/ar-AA12O8KJ?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=035b229eb2584262bb18dce187a87bac

This Higgens boat was used by Patton as his front-line HQ during the Allied invasion of Sicily.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

so how are things where youre at Slash?

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Sir Slash

A lot better now thanks Star. There are a lot of volunteer organizations out and about giving assistance, almost everyone has power and there's plenty of gas stations open. Longer term, a lot of businesses are going to close or relocate and you can bet many insurance companies are going to stop writing new policies or jack-up their rates hugely. But since Ian left, the weather has been near perfect with very low humidity and cool temps. The best businesses to be in right now are Roofing, Aluminum Contractor, and Tire Repair because everybody's got flats from all the damned screws, bolts, and especially roofing nails all over.  :pullhair:

GDS_Starfury

buy some of these:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Steel-Core-22-in-Magnetic-Sweeper-with-Easy-Clear-One-Pull-Release-42604/303466168

you can also get crafty and fix a few of them to the bumper of your car.  we did this last year during a quarry shoot in South Miami and it was surprisingly effective.