New Star Trek movie coming

Started by steve58, February 16, 2022, 11:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

I wonder when they'll use time travel to reboot Pine's first film.  ::)

To be fair, as painfully dumb as the scripts have been, I've admittedly enjoyed the series so far.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

After the first one this has consistently gone downhill.

I'm actually surprised Pine decided to go back to the well since it really sounded like everyone wanted to walk away after Yelchin's death.

Of course Pine hasn't been lighting Hollywood on fire otherwise so I guess I could see his willingness. I'd be surprised if they get the likes of Quinto or Saldana back.

EDITS for texting on phone, otherwise known as crimes against Gramanity
Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

They can't stop yet. They haven't even gotten to the Hortas. I'm not confident this one will be any better than the last one which should've been hit with full Phasers.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ArizonaTank

Loved the first Chris Pine Star Trek... I thought the music, camera work, script and actors were running on all cylinders. Eric Bana is one of my favorite Star Trek villains. Heck, they even convincingly pulled off filming the engineering deck scenes in a brewery.

But then came the other movies, and the follow-ons were mediocre at best IMHO.

So not really awaiting this new one.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Anguille

I like the new actors but how can Star Trek be Star Trek without Vulcan nor Romulus?

Dammit Carl!

Nice.  Dig that they can do their own thing and mostly not be saddled with Trek canon.