Introducing TASK FORCE ADMIRAL Vol.1: American Carrier Battles

Started by The_Admiral, October 11, 2019, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 06, 2019, 12:46:55 PM
Quote from: The_Admiral on November 02, 2019, 09:33:18 AM
You're grown ups, I probably don't need to tell you what is happening before your eyes, do I?

Oh, that's a training flight about to disappear in the Bermuda Triangle!  O0

Those are SBDs. The flight that disappeared in the Triangle (Flight 19) was comprised of TBM Avengers (and also a Martin flying boat that went to look for them).
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

The_Admiral

Thank you boys  :hug:
Hot damn, visiting the parents in the French countryside - our prehistoric DSL with its ludicrous upload limit is killing me... :pullhair:
Wanted to post a few GIFs, but it might need to wait for me to catch a train to a more connected place first, I am afraid  :'(

bobarossa

Staggerwing

Quote from: bobarossa on November 12, 2019, 10:16:19 AM
DSL = Dead Slow Link

Still, DSL was a revelation of bounties after years of dialup in the 90's.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

em2nought

The Devastator has never seen so much love!  ;)  Too bad they weren't a little better at planting their seed.  ;D That's in regard to what I saw at simhq, are those in this thread yet?  I don't always log in and you can't see the images here if you don't.  Ah, never mind, they are here.  :bd:
Stolen elections have consequences.

JasonPratt

I did like the film Midway well enough; but I meant I approve of the snapshots.  O0

As usual.  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

The_Admiral

No worries em2, I pretty much centralize everything in this topic :)
Then I post them elsewhere. You won't miss much in here, but the best way is still to follow us on FB or Twitter still (a few bonuses here and there!).

At any rate, here's a homecoming for our torpedoing heroes. A scene seen none too often with these Midway Camos  :-[
Rest well, VT heroes!

(right click on the screens to display them at their normal size, btw)

em2nought

Stolen elections have consequences.

The_Admiral

A small cookie before bed. We're putting together a small dev update reel for the end of the month. In the meantime, watch them angry birds roam around the mountains of Guadalcanal, looking for a prey... And flying in formation (which was, arguably, the actual challenge in this exercise).

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

They fly kind of like me trying to keep formation! -- except a little better than me.  :crazy2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

The_Admiral

Oh well some of them had a tough time climbing up the steep slopes of SOPAC mountains. You see, lugging a 1-ton fish under your belly ain't so much fun when you are a guy that big with an engine so small  #:-)

JasonPratt

Fully understandable!

I'd rather have realistic formation attempts that sometimes fail due to environmental problems and simulated operator error, than robo-formations rubber-banding along.

So alles klar! -- wait, wrong team.

The_Admiral

Thank you for your support Jason :notworthy:

Here is a new small sequence illustrating our Dive Bomber AI in action. Videos never hurt (well, except when you're Hiryu, that is).