Civilization VI!!?!

Started by Jarhead0331, May 11, 2016, 10:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Quote from: RedArgo on May 25, 2016, 09:38:20 AM
New preview at RPS

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/25/cvilization-vi-hands-on-preview/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RockPaperShotgun+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%29

He didn't get to play enough to get too much info, only 60 turns, but seems optimistic.

Another preview, this one from Tom's Hardware

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/civilization-vi-hands-on-gameplay,31880.html#xtor=RSS-181

Nice, thanks!
Any what's with Teddy Roosevelt? Did the artist confuse him with Taft?  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Steelgrave

Quote from: RedArgo on May 25, 2016, 09:38:20 AM
New preview at RPS

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/25/cvilization-vi-hands-on-preview/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RockPaperShotgun+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%29

He didn't get to play enough to get too much info, only 60 turns, but seems optimistic.

Another preview, this one from Tom's Hardware

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/civilization-vi-hands-on-gameplay,31880.html#xtor=RSS-181

Well, this line sent a little thrill down my pants leg......."Civ VI, at this stage of its development, is host to the most reactive AI that I can remember in the series' long history."

Oh hell yeah!

Greybriar

Preordered!

I wasn't going to but since I since own nearly every game in the Civilization series, I figured I might as well take the plunge.

That's the worst artist's rendition I ever saw of Theodore Roosevelt; it does look more like Taft than Teddy.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Freyland

In the second article, they mentioned a day-night cycle. Uh, a day-night cycle in a game meant to span ages of civilized development? Doubt you will finish any of those multiplayer games!

By the time we get to Civ 8, the game time will pass in correspondence to real time for the gamer!

jamus34

Quote from: Freyland on May 25, 2016, 05:10:33 PM
In the second article, they mentioned a day-night cycle. Uh, a day-night cycle in a game meant to span ages of civilized development? Doubt you will finish any of those multiplayer games!

By the time we get to Civ 8, the game time will pass in correspondence to real time for the gamer!

Agreed that a day night cycle on a game like civ makes NO sense at all.

It barely made sense for a game like cities skyline.

RPGs, sure...wargames, OK I'll bite. Grand strategy games? No f'ing way
Insert witty comment here.

veb_yw

Hope none of that 1 unit per tile nonsense that was Civ 5 

Ducks and runs away... :))

Huw the Poo

That's already been mentioned; it will be a combination of both.

solops

Quote from: veb_yw on May 26, 2016, 04:41:29 AM
Hope none of that 1 unit per tile nonsense that was Civ 5 

+1. Never again.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Freyland on May 25, 2016, 05:10:33 PM

It's a little different dynamic this time.

Each time a night cycle starts, they'll just have Kit Harrington's voice cut in, "Winter is coming."

Freyland

I think they just want to make good on that ubiquitous seizure disclaimer.

Barthheart

Game play footage and description:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Haven't watched it yet but thought I'd share.   :D

Grim.Reaper

I have really never got into past Civ games, even though I did buy Civ 5...but all this recent talk made me get curious again so I purchased the complete version of Civ 5 (to get remaining DLC) and try this thing one last time:) 

May have to call upon the experts to help me figure things out along the way....likely won't have much time until later this week to really give it a go.  I really have to stop reading this forum:(

Tuna

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 30, 2016, 10:29:16 AM
I have really never got into past Civ games, even though I did buy Civ 5...but all this recent talk made me get curious again so I purchased the complete version of Civ 5 (to get remaining DLC) and try this thing one last time:) 

May have to call upon the experts to help me figure things out along the way....likely won't have much time until later this week to really give it a go.  I really have to stop reading this forum:(

Watch your Happiness!!.. Then money..

Barthheart

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 30, 2016, 10:29:16 AM
...  I really have to stop reading this forum:(

One of us, one of us, one of us.....

Gusington

Now that you have V check out the mods too. That should keep you busy for...ever 😀

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd