BanzaiCat

Barthheart

Barthheart

Brazil:

The Scythians:

And the Germans:

Barthheart

RedArgo

A site that has a nice summary of what is known so far...

http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ6_overview.html

Looks like Civ6 will come with all the features of an expansion complete Civ, except diplo victory, and new stuff.  My resistance to a day one buy is crumbling.

Barthheart

Here's India... Gandhi is back!  :D

Freyland

Well, now we know nukes must be in the game.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Freyland on August 31, 2016, 10:32:28 AM
Well, now we know nukes must be in the game.

Because the war-monger Ghandi is in the game?  ;D

Yeah, that bastard was a big time back-stabber in Civ V. First game I ever played of that iteration, I had him as a neighbor. It went bad for me, but ultimately ended poorly for him.

Anguille

Quote from: Barthheart on August 31, 2016, 06:56:54 AM
Here's India... Gandhi is back!  :D

I think it's a very bad choice.... Jalâluddin Muhammad Akbar would be much better. Ghandi has never ruled India....this is the kind of things that makes me mad when i play Civilization....so amateurish

Am i right or is India the only nation with a leader that has never been a ruler?

bayonetbrant

Yeah, but he's the only recognizable Indian "leader" to most Americans, at whom the game is clearly targeted
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Anguille

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 02, 2016, 07:38:30 AM
Yeah, but he's the only recognizable Indian "leader" to most Americans, at whom the game is clearly targeted

Well...i don't if most of the other leaders are known either....

In Civ IV, they had at least Asoka (another good choice):

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Anguille on September 02, 2016, 06:57:07 AM
I think it's a very bad choice.... Jalâluddin Muhammad Akbar would be much better. Ghandi has never ruled India....this is the kind of things that makes me mad when i play Civilization....so amateurish

A good point, but consider what anti-aging or dark lich magic each of the 'leaders' in Civ are taking in order to get through 6,000-some-odd years of life?

I've always looked at them as spiritual leaders, so to speak. 'Spiritual' not in a religious sense, but in the sense of the culture/country they generally represent. Not as actual flesh-and-blood rulers.

Barthheart

Interesting choice... Kongo!

Anguille

Quote from: Barthheart on September 06, 2016, 07:59:47 PM
Interesting choice... Kongo!

nice to see an african nation. i hope  they add more.

RedArgo