Civilization VI!!?!

Started by Jarhead0331, May 11, 2016, 10:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

RedArgo

Very positive preview from RPS

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/29/civilization-vi-brings-the-series-back-to-its-best

Looks like the NDA is over, so lots of videos on youtube now too.

vyshka

Quote from: RedArgo on September 29, 2016, 07:28:43 AM
Good deal, thanks.  I've used kinguin before, but I couldn't remember what it was called.

I'm not sure how legit it would be on kinguin at this point, since the game hasn't been released yet. All they really do is facilitate transactions between people.

Grim.Reaper

Greenman Gaming now has for about $46...if your one of their VIP members.

Really torn on this one....never fully played past versions, but some reasons this one seems to be calling my name...

Barthheart

I pre-ordered from GMG today.... but it turns out I'll be way from my PC from Oct. 21 to 24 for a cottage close down party/guys weekend.... :P

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Barthheart on September 29, 2016, 06:30:27 PM
I pre-ordered from GMG today.... but it turns out I'll be way from my PC from Oct. 21 to 24 for a cottage close down party/guys weekend.... :P

I would take the party over playing the game any day:)

Barthheart

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 29, 2016, 06:40:25 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on September 29, 2016, 06:30:27 PM

I would take the party over playing the game any day:)

Me too! Not much work to close up for the season... pull in the dock and the water line, clear some brush... drink A LOT of beer and play some board games. :)

Grim.Reaper

Well, after reading a few previews...what the heck, I pre ordered from GMG as well:)

RedArgo

Me too, looking forward to it.

solops

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 29, 2016, 06:25:23 PM
Really torn on this one....never fully played past versions, but some reasons this one seems to be calling my name...

I played the heck out of all of the Civs except Civ5, which I absolutely hate with a passion. I am cautiously pessimistic about Civ-6. It looks so much like 5 that I cannot help but start off not liking it, but, from what I read, they may have corrected the idiotic design decisions that destroyed 5. We shall see, but there is NO way I am pre-ordering.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

MetalDog

Quote from: solops on September 29, 2016, 08:22:55 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 29, 2016, 06:25:23 PM

I played the heck out of all of the Civs except Civ5, which I absolutely hate with a passion. I am cautiously pessimistic about Civ-6. It looks so much like 5 that I cannot help but start off not liking it, but, from what I read, they may have corrected the idiotic design decisions that destroyed 5. We shall see, but there is NO way I am pre-ordering.

A man who speaks the truth!  Preach on, brother!!  I, too, am cautiously optimistic that my favorite game of all time will come correct and be the huge time sink I know and love.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

I was perfectly happy to ignore this, I have enough on my plate, until I read this

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/29/civilization-vi-brings-the-series-back-to-its-best/

Now I'm resisting the urge

Barthheart

One of the few Youtubers I can stand to watch for any length of time, Quill18, does a series of Let's Play as Rome.

I wasn't entirely sold on the new art direction but it actually looks really good when it's in motion... the still shots did not do it any justice... or maybe they toned it down a bit after the initial back lash.
Love the new fog of war effect!

Just started watching but it's making me impatient for Oct. 21....  :D

BanzaiCat

^  O0

I was just watching his Part 1 late last night...cut it off at about halfway because I want Civ VI and can't stand watching someone else play a game I want to get.