Civilization VI!!?!

Started by Jarhead0331, May 11, 2016, 10:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tuna on October 09, 2016, 08:35:34 AM
Already a member of Prime (or the wife is). GMG I can't complete purchases because my PayPal is not 'verified'.. oh well.. will keep looking, or I'll wait for the first sale. Thanks!

Did see $40 from here....according to the page, although sourced from Europe, they indicate not region locked and can be used anywhere....

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Sid-Meier%27s-Civilization-VI-CD-Key-For-Steam.html

Region Free

The game keys we are selling are sourced from the EU. They are completely region free and include all languages. This means that since this is a steamworks game, you can activate the key from anywhere in the world. There are absolutely no region locks.

DennisS

Already a member of Prime (or the wife is). GMG I can't complete purchases because my PayPal is not 'verified'.. oh well.. will keep looking, or I'll wait for the first sale. Thanks!

I have Amazon Prime, and I just checked...no go. No benefit or reduction in price. Still $59.99..although with free shipping (of course). I see absolutely no reason not to get the Steam version.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: DennisS on October 09, 2016, 12:48:04 PM

I have Amazon Prime, and I just checked...no go. No benefit or reduction in price. Still $59.99..although with free shipping (of course). I see absolutely no reason not to get the Steam version.

Works for me  shows $49... you need to go all the way to checkout to see it.

Barthheart

Second leader for Greece!  :D

Steelgrave

As someone who has played the hell out of every Civ game since I, Civ VI is shaping up to be the wet dream of all Civs  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

solops

It all comes down to the combat model. They HAVE to have stacking in some form that means something.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

jomni

Here's the combat.

10 minutes of war.  Hmmm.. in 5:39 I see a WW2 bazooka guy fighting ancient Mongols (or are those supposed to be renaissance pikemen).  It gets worse as you watch further.  Crossbowmen attacking Strykers.
Is technological mismatch more common in this iteration?

Barthheart

Yeah I think that was a Ren. era pikeman.

Who knows what the setup in those games were, so it's impossible to tell if the tech mismatch is more common or not..
Looks to me like it was a bunch of setup situations to test the old "spearman kills tank" complaint of the early civ games (I, II & III even in IV)

Love the Fog of War map effect.  O0

Also like the vertical launch missile animation for eh nuke sub.   :D

glen55

Just got my Steam key from gamedownloadkeys.com for $48.89.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

AchillesLastStand

The sale at GMG is back on sale{at least for now}for 47 dollars, at least for USA customers.

DennisS

Quote from: solops on October 12, 2016, 12:51:56 PM
It all comes down to the combat model. They HAVE to have stacking in some form that means something.

You WILL be able to combine units into a "Corps." Also, you can link settler units with military units, to move them as a group.

I would highly recomment watching Quill18, and his excellent youtube lets plays. He has two, each about 20 episodes in length, at about 30 minutes per episode. This is 20 hours of Civ VI goodness...quite enough to serve as a pretty solid tutorial. Personally, this is a first day purchase. I can't tell you how many hours I have played Civ, in all its variants. Probably #2 all time, behind WoW.

undercovergeek

Quote from: DennisS on October 17, 2016, 01:30:20 PM
I would highly recomment watching Quill18, and his excellent youtube lets plays. He has two, each about 20 episodes in length, at about 30 minutes per episode. This is 20 hours of Civ VI goodness...quite enough to serve as a pretty solid tutorial. Personally, this is a first day purchase. I can't tell you how many hours I have played Civ, in all its variants. Probably #2 all time, behind WoW.

did this - now frothing for game - looks excellent

JudgeDredd

I really enjoy quill's videos - and I'm scared to go and watch them. I think it was his videos that persuaded me to buy MoO and Stellaris (I think).
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Got my key and now pre-loading....

RedArgo

it is just sitting in my list of games all grayed out, taunting me, and I'll be gone most of this weekend. :P