Civilization VI!!?!

Started by Jarhead0331, May 11, 2016, 10:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

acctingman

Watched a couple of those intro vids and while this isn't my sort of game, it does intrigue me and I want to branch out from my MMO hole.

Can you Civ experts recommend this game to a Civ noob? (mind you....I gave up on Hearts of Iron 4 and I LOVE the topic)

AchillesLastStand

I got the game{digital version} off of Amazon for 9.99 , they have a special offer if you apply for and get a Amazon Chase credit card they will give you a 50$ gift card. This applies to both physical and digital versions. Cant beat that.

Barthheart

Quote from: acctingman on October 18, 2016, 12:17:51 PM
Watched a couple of those intro vids and while this isn't my sort of game, it does intrigue me and I want to branch out from my MMO hole.

Can you Civ experts recommend this game to a Civ noob? (mind you....I gave up on Hearts of Iron 4 and I LOVE the topic)

Anyone who has never tried a Civ game but is interested in turn based 4x style games should try at least one Civ game... really don't matte which one, they are all basically the same with different features.
Everyone is a Civ noob at some point.... My start just happened to be 25 years ago... :D

Ian C

Does this game still have the weird anachronistic monarch thing? Winston Churchill leading the Britains in 3000BC?

RedArgo

Yeah, your leader never changes.

Jarhead0331

When are they going to make intergalactic Civ? It would be a home run.

I envision regular Civ from the dawn of time up through the space age with the ability to discover new worlds and colonize them, eventually to develop them, terraform them, and fight over them, just as you can on earth through the ages. If done properly, it would be a spectacular winner.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

I'll be damned if I didn't just play about 5 or 6 hours of Civ V last night.  :idiot2:
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

And your mafia 1 resurgence - see, there's value in that there backlog JD - no new games for you  C:-)

JudgeDredd

^ Exactly - waste of money. Too many great games in my catalogue  :-X
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 19, 2016, 05:42:50 AM
And your mafia 1 resurgence - see, there's value in that there backlog JD - no new games for you  C:-)
Mafia 1 I still have the final mission to do - but the resets are killing me!  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath

OJsDad

Will PBEM be an option for multiplayer?
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

jamus34

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 18, 2016, 04:46:02 PM
When are they going to make intergalactic Civ? It would be a home run.

I envision regular Civ from the dawn of time up through the space age with the ability to discover new worlds and colonize them, eventually to develop them, terraform them, and fight over them, just as you can on earth through the ages. If done properly, it would be a spectacular winner.

I think I'd much rather have 2 games that you can port. IE your classic civ which then becomes a 4x where the winner of the civ portion gets earth as a starting, established colony but dwindling supplies where everyone else is exiled and need to find new homeworlds. So as the winner you get a head start on the galactic portion of the 2nd game but tempered with the knowledge your homeworld is almost tapped out and after say 20 turns you start losing raw materials.
Insert witty comment here.

acctingman

Is there a CIV game that was modded for a Lord of the Rings theme?

I'll go look at Steam...thought the last one had a LoTR mod.