Civilization VI!!?!

Started by Jarhead0331, May 11, 2016, 10:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Another question I have

I'm looking at Civ 5 and there is a nice Lord of the Rings mod for it on Steam. However, what if I own the game and it's not a "steam" game but a hard copy of it (Got it at Target for $10!)

Tried looking on Nexus Mods for Civ 5 and nothing really popped up.

tgb

Civ IV had Fall From Heaven, a high fantasy mod, but it wasn't particularly LotR.

RedArgo

Quote from: acctingman on October 19, 2016, 01:29:08 PM
However, what if I own the game and it's not a "steam" game but a hard copy of it (Got it at Target for $10!)

I wasn't aware you could play Civ 5 without steam regardless of where you bought it.  You didn't have to activate it on steam?  Not answering your question, just curious how that works.

acctingman

Quote from: RedArgo on October 20, 2016, 07:12:33 AM
Quote from: acctingman on October 19, 2016, 01:29:08 PM
However, what if I own the game and it's not a "steam" game but a hard copy of it (Got it at Target for $10!)

I wasn't aware you could play Civ 5 without steam regardless of where you bought it.  You didn't have to activate it on steam?  Not answering your question, just curious how that works.

I think you're right RedArgo, however, I returned it the same day I bought it. However, I think I bought just the base game, not the "Complete" version. I did find it on Amazon for $15, however, after installing Skyrim last night, I doubt I'm buying anything anytime soon  O0

Thanks everyone

Barthheart

Main theme music... by Christopher Tin... composer for main theme for Civ IV.  O0

undercovergeek

I preordered - I don't think it counts 6 hours before release!

Barthheart

10.5 hours before it unlocks here.  :D

I'm leaving for a cottage in the woods for 3 days in about 35 minutes....  :P

Luckily I also have Monday off.  8)

Wolfe1759

I was just about to pull the trigger on pre-ordering then I checked the system requirement and my graphics card isn't going to be able to handle it  :(
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

RedArgo

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on October 20, 2016, 12:39:57 PM
I was just about to pull the trigger on pre-ordering then I checked the system requirement and my graphics card isn't going to be able to handle it  :(

After release, you can buy it and if it won't work acceptably on your computer, then return it through Steam.

Zulu1966

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

JudgeDredd

Unfortunately, it's bed time  :'(
Alba gu' brath

steve58

gonna wait for a sale, gonna wait for a sale, gonna wait for a sale, gonna wait for a sale :-\
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

JD, you can't go to bed...we need impressions until we can unlock:)

tgb

This may or may not be news, but the manual is up.

165 pages, so it's pretty old school, although I would like to see a chapter for Civ vets that just details the changes.