#TBT: Gaming Nostalgia!

Started by bayonetbrant, July 14, 2015, 09:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

O Thank God!  I thought I was going to have to google "grogheads" just to find the front page.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on October 08, 2015, 07:24:36 PM
O Thank God!  I thought I was going to have to google "grogheads" just to find the front page.

It's not really as simple as that.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Quote from: mirth on October 08, 2015, 07:30:16 PM
Quote from: Bison on October 08, 2015, 07:24:36 PM

It's not really as simple as that.

Damn it! 

Cyrano

Played Morloc's Tower and its near relative (different company) Temple of Apshai.  I don't recall the former offering me the company and services of the lovely Imelda quite that way.  There is a very deep sense of bathos derived from a game looking like this one did -- dig them screenshots -- that repeatedly panders to the male libido...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

I had the purple and the blue D&D Box Sets.  Think I still have the Expert Rules Set, too.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MetalDog

Double Deuce

I have the Basic and Expert rules lying around here somewhere, probably mixed in with my box of modules.