Steel Fury 1942 STA 3.3 Mod

Started by Jarhead0331, July 21, 2018, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellfish6

Awesome, thanks. Does that still apply to the 1.0 version posted earlier?

Pete Dero

Quote from: hellfish6 on April 02, 2020, 04:44:51 PM
Awesome, thanks. Does that still apply to the 1.0 version posted earlier?

I think the file structure remained the same so it should work.

My installation order using JSGME (I don't have the latest version (3.4) but v 2.2) :

4gb patch
SSM
STA
STA GMP 1.x
STA GMP 2.x
STA GMP 3.x
widescreen fix

This version (2.2) is no longer available.

hellfish6

WallysWorld

Didn't even notice that Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 was added to Steam a few months ago and it's 75% off right now: Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 on Steam
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Jarhead0331

To anyone who is looking for the STA mod, its undergoing a reorganization and will be known upon release as "ITM" or Iron Tank Mod.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Skoop

That's cool.  With steel fury on steam, it would be cool if the payware mod dev had a freeware mod workshop version to seemlessly use.  With il2 tank crew out, I'm more than satisfied with wwii tanking.  All the hoops to jump through with this guys payware mod means a no play for me.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: WallysWorld on August 24, 2020, 05:43:48 PM
Didn't even notice that Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 was added to Steam a few months ago and it's 75% off right now: Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 on Steam

Thanks for the heads-up!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on August 26, 2020, 08:41:50 AM
Quote from: WallysWorld on August 24, 2020, 05:43:48 PM

Thanks for the heads-up!

+1, a much under-appreciated tank sim IMHO. I had an old copy long ago and far away...I think I played on Vista...  Back then, it only had three tanks to drive.  Glad to see the game has grown. Can't beat the price, even for a 12 year old game. But wondering how it has aged compared to more recent sims.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Destraex

Might grab it to compare to the tank sim called "tank crew". Always wanted to see the infantry you guys mention here in action.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Skoop

The infantry just looks like the infantry in graviteam, it's a very similar engine as these guys all worked together at some point.  Tank crew made this irrelevant for me.  If the steam version had seemless workshop mods to use I'd probably give it a whirl.  You guys do realize many of the il2 box mp servers run capture the flag missions where the tank crew owners fight on the ground with flight sim guys fighting in the sky over head.  Keeps it fresh when you run out of the canned campaign missions.   

33lima

Just reading this thread now and to re-inforce particularly Jarhead's helpful information, if you are wary of the payware option or 4Shared, but still want to get an excellent, free, modded package for Steel Fury, with many additional driveable AFVs and numerous extra missions, and which incidentally I have working with the Steam version of SF, you have TWO options:

1. The STA 1.0 mod - follow the instructions and links in GodZilla1985's Reddit post here :

https://www.reddit.com/r/GraviteamTactics/comments/43ul85/steel_fury_tank_sim_and_how_to_get_started/

The links are to mediafire:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tawqydkci66dd/sta

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tawqydkci66dd/sta#ravfyazzvrlrx

or

2. The STA 2.2 mod - visit the previously-mentioned Japanese SF wiki site (Edge does a fine job of translating its pages) and use the links and guidance on the home page:

https://wikiwiki.jp/pzfr/Steel%20Tank%20Add-on

The content is in English, including the extra mission briefings, no need to worry, and while it does have some Japanese Army kit and missions...

...but that's on top of and not instead of the Eastern Front, NW Europe and N African content, like this, some of which is unique to this package I believe:

I'd recommend option 2 which is somewhat more up-to-date and includes an extra Japanese Community Mod mission package, but you must be prepared to supress any objections to having a handful of 'what if?' missions built for not merely unfinished projects like the Maus and E-100...

..and prototypes like the machine-gun-laden IS-7...

...but also 'fake tanks' like the E-79 from Sony's 'Panzer Front'...

I was a donor from the early days of the payware option and so also have an STA 3.4 install, which has subtly better visuals, somewhat better AI (I think) and some unique content of its own. The modest donation is a way of repaying the effort of those who made most of what's also free, as well as getting access to the newest version and that unique content, which is still being added to.

Rayfer

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

That may well be the best "first post" I have ever seen! 

I purchased Steel Fury when it first came out and have never played it (as with so many other games).  I may have to try installing it on my new computer and figuring out how to mod it.  I vaguely remember that it took a lot of finagling to update and mod. 

JasonPratt

Quote from: bobarossa on September 15, 2020, 08:50:19 PM
That may well be the best "first post" I have ever seen!

Ditto!  :bd:

But for lazy people like me who don't want to scroll back and forth to see the entire image... (but you should be able to left-click toggle them back and forth to full size):

Quote from: 33lima on September 15, 2020, 01:36:04 PM
Just reading this thread now and to re-inforce particularly Jarhead's helpful information, if you are wary of the payware option or 4Shared, but still want to get an excellent, free, modded package for Steel Fury, with many additional driveable AFVs and numerous extra missions, and which incidentally I have working with the Steam version of SF, you have TWO options:

1. The STA 1.0 mod - follow the instructions and links in GodZilla1985's Reddit post here :

https://www.reddit.com/r/GraviteamTactics/comments/43ul85/steel_fury_tank_sim_and_how_to_get_started/

The links are to mediafire:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tawqydkci66dd/sta

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tawqydkci66dd/sta#ravfyazzvrlrx

or

2. The STA 2.2 mod - visit the previously-mentioned Japanese SF wiki site (Edge does a fine job of translating its pages) and use the links and guidance on the home page:

https://wikiwiki.jp/pzfr/Steel%20Tank%20Add-on

The content is in English, including the extra mission briefings, no need to worry, and while it does have some Japanese Army kit and missions...

...but that's on top of and not instead of the Eastern Front, NW Europe and N African content, like this, some of which is unique to this package I believe:

I'd recommend option 2 which is somewhat more up-to-date and includes an extra Japanese Community Mod mission package, but you must be prepared to supress any objections to having a handful of 'what if?' missions built for not merely unfinished projects like the Maus and E-100...

..and prototypes like the machine-gun-laden IS-7...

...but also 'fake tanks' like the E-79 from Sony's 'Panzer Front'...

I was a donor from the early days of the payware option and so also have an STA 3.4 install, which has subtly better visuals, somewhat better AI (I think) and some unique content of its own. The modest donation is a way of repaying the effort of those who made most of what's also free, as well as getting access to the newest version and that unique content, which is still being added to.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!