Main Menu

Fantasy General 2

Started by Jarhead0331, April 08, 2019, 04:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

The files are mp3 sitting around in a folder, so it isn't even hard to do.  O:-)

I mix them with the better tracks from Total Annihilation. They go together very well.

(I'm not where I can verify where I add the soundtrack from the Wheel of Time game into the mix, though -- is it there, or with my combination of Age of Wonders 2 and Outland...?)

Honestly, at least half my music is game scores.

Edited to add: it occurs to me we ought to have a thread in the Music/TV/Film subcategory dedicated to game scores...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I listen to a bunch of Skyrim suites on YouTube when I read.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Those are good ambient tracks to work by, too. I don't usually listen to them for driving, though.

(The Dhovakim main them, on the other hand, I have a dozen-ish covers of, mixed in with covers of the Game of Throne theme.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Grim.Reaper

wow...didn't realize coming out so soon...september 5th

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 25, 2019, 09:33:40 PM
wow...didn't realize coming out so soon...september 5th

:o

And if it's from Matrixlitherine, it probably won't be early access either!

Gusington

YES!!! Need to check out their product page to see if its updated.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Checked the site and three different versions, including a season pass and a physical artbook, are available. I love stuff like that so I may grab one of the special editions if the price is not too off the wall.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Skwerl

Steelgrave

Day 1 for me as well.  O0

Gusington

No price listed on The Steam yet :(

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on August 26, 2019, 04:46:59 PM
No price listed on The Steam yet :(

No official prices since Matrix/Slitherine never does that prior to release day....but someone guessed prices in their forum and a developer said they were close, but likely would be more than their guess.  Here was the person's guess.

Hero: $45
General: $70

If I had to personally guess, I would go with something like:

Base: $39.99
Hero: $49.99
General: $79.99

Gusington

Eek a little on the high side...still I WANTS IT

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Assuming I pick this up, I likely will only go with base game.  I am probably in the minority, never played the original so no idea what to expect so can't see me going with the top level stuff.  Have no interest in art books, soundtracks, and such....but would like the extra campaign so hoping they some day make that purchaseable.

Gusington

I am interested in the artbook but not at that price.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd