My Lord, Grorious News! Pike & Shot Japanese mod has been released.

Started by jomni, June 26, 2015, 09:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnus

Excellent, thank you.

I am a nut about Oda Nobunaga, and there are just so few sources about him that don't cost hundreds of dollars.

PipFromSlitherine

I never cease to be amazed by some of the uber-mods that people create!

Cheers

Pip

Cyrano

This is one era of history that has never captured me, but I am mightily impressed by the effort here!

Bravo!

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

jomni

Mod is updated.

Sengoku Jidai (Skirmish only) v0.4

(SP & MP)

When you have finished any outstanding MP games, you are advised to delete v0.3 and download v0.4.

You can delete SP v0.3 in game in the Historical Menu.

Because it has no scenarios, there is no in-game way to delete the MP version. You will find it in

My Documents/My Games/PIKEANDSHOT/Multiplayer.

This means that deleting it from the iPad may be a challenge!

The new version has the following changes:

1) Bows can shoot overhead.
2) Honjins will disperse rather than routing.

Boggit

An excellent mod - I am playing it now as Hojo vs Imagawa. There are lots of unit choices. I love the terrain localisation changes. The one change I would make would be to the sound files to replace the charging sound to a rousing "Banzai!". This is not a criticism, as it is an excellent mod, just an idea.

Do you plan adding historical scenarios in time?

A BIG thank you for making this freely available to the community. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

jomni

Quote from: Boggit on July 09, 2015, 05:59:22 PM
An excellent mod - I am playing it now as Hojo vs Imagawa. There are lots of unit choices. I love the terrain localisation changes. The one change I would make would be to the sound files to replace the charging sound to a rousing "Banzai!". This is not a criticism, as it is an excellent mod, just an idea.

Banzai is a world war 2 thing.  And it's a cry for the Emperor.  These samurai don't respect the Emperor.
As for scenarios, please stay tuned for some news.

Boggit

Quote from: jomni on July 10, 2015, 11:47:29 PM
Quote from: Boggit on July 09, 2015, 05:59:22 PM

Banzai is a world war 2 thing.  And it's a cry for the Emperor.  These samurai don't respect the Emperor.
As for scenarios, please stay tuned for some news.
Banzai - fair enough. I hadn't realised.

Anyway, a great mod. Let us know if you get around to any scenarios. :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat