Next Assassin's Creed Revealed

Started by Jarhead0331, April 30, 2020, 09:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellfish6

So there are swords and spears and other things besides axes.

I've also had three CTDs on my PS4 version. Again - some quality control issues here. If you're on the fence, maybe wait a bit. Maybe the PC version is more stable?

Gusington

I didn't even know you could get a crash on a console :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on November 16, 2020, 08:57:53 PM

Don't you remember blowing into nintendo cartridges?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

hellfish6

Quote from: Gusington on November 16, 2020, 08:57:53 PM

Same. First for me on the PS4. Luckily the game saves all the time, so I never lose anything more than a minute or two

Gusington

I never had a Nintendo system. I had some cheap, knockoff Atari 2600 system, then a C-64, then an Amiga, then an original PS1.

I know that Valhalla is a bit wonky on some PCs right now - I would bet that in a few months all versions will run as smooth as buttah.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

trek

Well, I just uninstalled AC Valhalla. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. The problem for me personally is I'm pretty much burned-out on the whole AC formula. I've been playing AC games since the original AC came out in 2008. I bought Origins played about 20 hours and then tried Odyssey and only played that one about 10 hours before the rot set in with me. All the fetch quests and loot gathering is just something I can't hack anymore. Having said this I'm still trying to finish AC Unity and have been for the last year. For some inexplicable reason I just prefer it over all the others now. Maybe its' the smaller scale or the setting in Paris as I feel it gives me more opportunities for stealth action. I also like the combat in Unity the best. The combat in Valhalla somehow just doesn't do it for me. It was a hard decision for me because I like the whole Vikings in the British Isles setting. Maybe someday I'll come back to it. Who knows?

I just reinstalled RYSE where you play as a Roman Centurion. I enjoyed the campaign in the game and will replay it. No loot boxes and no side quests, just a decent story and I enjoy the combat mechanics. And for those times when I just want some quick sword combat I can go into the skirmish mode and have some good matches in the arena with bots.

Gusington

Some settings work better than others for AC. The more modern ones I think work less well but I can't really figure out why. I still enjoy Unity and Syndicate, though. My favorite AC is Black Flag which ironically has the setting that interests me the least. I can't lie...I loved Origins and Odyssey, both of which made me more interested in their settings, which is one of the highest compliments I can pay any game.

I enjoyed RYSE but it was a little too much on rails for me. An open world RYSE would be incredible.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: trek on November 27, 2020, 08:13:03 PM
Well, I just uninstalled AC Valhalla. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. The problem for me personally is I'm pretty much burned-out on the whole AC formula. I've been playing AC games since the original AC came out in 2008. I bought Origins played about 20 hours and then tried Odyssey and only played that one about 10 hours before the rot set in with me. All the fetch quests and loot gathering is just something I can't hack anymore. Having said this I'm still trying to finish AC Unity and have been for the last year. For some inexplicable reason I just prefer it over all the others now. Maybe its' the smaller scale or the setting in Paris as I feel it gives me more opportunities for stealth action. I also like the combat in Unity the best. The combat in Valhalla somehow just doesn't do it for me. It was a hard decision for me because I like the whole Vikings in the British Isles setting. Maybe someday I'll come back to it. Who knows?

I just reinstalled RYSE where you play as a Roman Centurion. I enjoyed the campaign in the game and will replay it. No loot boxes and no side quests, just a decent story and I enjoy the combat mechanics. And for those times when I just want some quick sword combat I can go into the skirmish mode and have some good matches in the arena with bots.

Thanks for the reminder about RYSE...meant to pick it up as I noticed it in the sales for only $2.99...picked it up now.  I had it for the XBOX when it first came out, but never got far....can't remember why, hopefully it wasn't because I didn't like it:)

trek

I enjoy it, but Gus is right about it being on rails. It is very story driven. But maybe that's why I like it because with so many open-world type games it was a nice change to really follow the narrative and just play the story. Its' as I previously said my go-to when I just want to do some short hack-and-slash skirmishes with bots in the Colosseum in Rome with the different arena settings. And those bots ganging up on you make fight progression hard.

Also, the big Roman amphibious landing and assault on the fortress early in the game is really fantastic. There have been some rumors floating around about a sequel in the last year. Graphically it's also one of the best-looking games ever. I guess that's no accident since the devs also did Crysis.

My big wish for the AC series is that they will go to Japan and do a Ninja-themed version. I guess they could throw in some Samurai stuff as well. There was a famous Ninja-Samurai in that period whose name escapes me now. I'll have to look him up in one of my Ninja history books.

Gusington

Musashi?

JH has been asking for a Medieval Japanese AC for at least a decade.

I remember that amphibious sequence is RYSE and agree it is great. I don't remember if I ever finished that game.

Got any links to the rumors of a sequel?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: trek on November 28, 2020, 11:05:07 AM
I enjoy it, but Gus is right about it being on rails. It is very story driven. But maybe that's why I like it because with so many open-world type games it was a nice change to really follow the narrative and just play the story. Its' as I previously said my go-to when I just want to do some short hack-and-slash skirmishes with bots in the Colosseum in Rome with the different arena settings. And those bots ganging up on you make fight progression hard.

Also, the big Roman amphibious landing and assault on the fortress early in the game is really fantastic. There have been some rumors floating around about a sequel in the last year. Graphically it's also one of the best-looking games ever. I guess that's no accident since the devs also did Crysis.

My big wish for the AC series is that they will go to Japan and do a Ninja-themed version. I guess they could throw in some Samurai stuff as well. There was a famous Ninja-Samurai in that period whose name escapes me now. I'll have to look him up in one of my Ninja history books.

Thanks, for $3 not a big risk to me:)  I'll give it a shot later today...thanks again.

trek

Gus, yeah some guy on YouTube was talking about what an underrated game it was and mentioned the rumors. He goes over RYSE in some detail. I think the video was done this year. Sorry, I don't remember the ID as its' been a couple months since I watched it. I think if you just search on "RYSE" you can probably locate it.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

trek

Just tried YouTube and typed in Ryse Review. There are quite a few vids posted on the game in the last 3-7 months. Can't recall which one mentioned the rumors or maybe it was my wishful thinking?

Anyway, one is by Math Chief- The Best of Gaming, another one is Just Gaming 4 Fun with a strange character in a mask talking about it. And one more named Ryse: Son of Rome by Input Source.

Most of the comments seem to echo mostly of how I feel about the game both good and bad. As I said though it's the combat and beauty of the game that I love. You really feel like you're playing a character in an epic Hollywood Roman Movie.