Main Menu

Epic?

Started by Jarhead0331, January 30, 2019, 10:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

Epic just had a platform update. I can no longer play Old World. Anyone else notice problems?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

RedArgo

Loads fine for me, but I didn't try to actually play.

Bardolph

solops

Ok, working now. Neither of my games would work yesterday, even after a reboot and a power-down. Now it all works fine.

Huh.

This is how ineffable religions get started.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

al_infierno

Quote from: solops on August 09, 2022, 02:20:42 PM
Ok, working now. Neither of my games would work yesterday, even after a reboot and a power-down. Now it all works fine.

Huh.

This is how ineffable religions get started.

Sometimes I'm jealous of people who live in North Korea. When weird crap like this happens, they get to fall back on the easy "America did it" explanation. It must make daily life so much less confusing and mysterious  :(
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Silent Disapproval Robot

Working fine for me but some of the new music in the game is a bit jarring.

Gusington

^Did the Steam version get the same update? Now I need to hear the new music!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

greengiant

So I'm about three years late to this topic, but since it's still sitting on page #1 (yeah okay, right at the bottom but it's there!) I thought I'd chime in on the original concerns and thoughts about using Epic. For me, I heard enough negatives to stay clear of ever purchasing anything through it. On the flip-side, for the last two years or so I have religiously collected every single free game they have released. I'd say about 60% I either ended up owning already or just had no interest in playing. But then there are gems like TW Warhammer, Remnant, Jurassic Park Evolution etc etc. So for me, Epic represents a never ending supply of free games, but it will never be more than that for me.

steve58

fyi:  coming as a freebie next week (Nov 24 - Dec 01):  STAR WARS: Squadrons
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Silent Disapproval Robot

And Evil Dead is free this week.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Groggy

''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

steve58

Its that time of year again for Epic Games 15 days of free games. <:-)  First game is a cartoony-looking tower defense type game: Bloons TD 6  :-\

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/free-games

p.s.  Epic also has 25% off coupons again:

The 25% Epic Games Store Holiday Coupon is automatically applied to eligible transactions at checkout. The discount will apply to each eligible product purchased either individually or within the shopping cart AND you'll get another coupon each time you complete an eligible transaction. Epic Coupons apply to single or multiple eligible games priced at, or combining to, $14.99 or above (or local currency equivalent), see the FAQ below for more details.

The Epic Games Store Holiday Sale is live from December 15, 2022 at 11am ET to January 5, 2023 at 11am ET. Coupons expire on Thursday January 5, 2023 at 11:00AM Eastern Time.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/coupons/holiday-sale

smittyohio

Quote from: steve58 on December 15, 2022, 04:43:19 PM
First game is a cartoony-looking tower defense type game: Bloons TD 6  :-\

Not exactly starting out with a bang, are they?   :uglystupid2:

steve58

fyi:  Wolfenstein New Order is rumored to be the free game at Epic today...