Attack at Dawn: North Africa - New WW2 Game Released on Steam

Started by tcipcic, June 08, 2022, 02:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcipcic

Attack at Dawn: North Africa, the new unique mix of Real-Time and Operational strategy game has been released on Steam. The game will be selling at 15% discount for the first week.

Check out the trailer

What's it about?
Attack at Dawn: North Africa is a strategy game set in WW2 North African theatre. You will take command of battalions, brigades, divisions, and air wings. German forces start off probing into the Libyan region of Cyrenaica, and the game concludes either with the complete defeat of the German-Italian Panzer Armee, or the British loss of Egypt and the British retreat across the Suez Canal.

Fast and Intense Gameplay

You can play the game in either Real-Time or Turn-Based (WeGo) mode. These modes mimic the chaos and speed of mobile fighting in the desert. Add the fog of war to this scenario, and your experience of being in a Panzer Corps command vehicle is complete. The game will immerse you in one of the most intensive and nerve-wracking experiences of the Second World War.

Historical

The game features campaigns and scenarios - both historical and hypothetical. They have been designed after in-depth research of the historical orders of battle and battle histories. Special attention was given to the composition of the armies, combat values of individual units, and overall authenticity of each scenario.

Polished Interface

We have designed all game maps and units to be easy to understand, uncluttered and informative. You can choose what your units will look like: top-view models or unit counters. With the ability to zoom out and see the entire battlefield in a glance, you will have the best possible situational awareness.

Large Map

Attack at Dawn: North Africa features a large map, covering a distance of almost 2000 kilometers and you can use the Scenario Editor provided within the game to create your own scenarios anywhere on this large battleground. Starting at the bay of Sirte in Libya and spreading to Suez Canal in Egypt, the terrain varies between sea, desert, mountains, wadis, ports... There is one long asphalt road, "Via Balbia", spanning the whole length of the map, and a handful of well-known desert tracks leading towards the deep Sahara.
"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
— Sir Winston Churchill, following the Second Battle of El Alamein

W8taminute

Congratulations on the release of this unique game!  :bd:
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao