Author Topic: Pictures of Greatness!  (Read 404619 times)

Offline besilarius

• Landsknecht
  • ringmaster at circus amateur night
Re: Pictures of Greatness!
« Reply #2295 on: December 16, 2019, 05:57:59 AM »
Something to get in the Christmas mood.  An oldie but goodie.
“Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don’t find out until too late that he’s been playing with two queens all along”.  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Offline besilarius

• Landsknecht
« Reply #2296 on: December 31, 2019, 11:14:16 PM »
NCIS is still on the case.
“Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don’t find out until too late that he’s been playing with two queens all along”.  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Offline besilarius

• Landsknecht
« Reply #2297 on: January 03, 2020, 07:18:18 AM »
Soylent Green is in 2022.

"With your eyes closed?"

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Open your heart
« Reply #2298 on: January 07, 2020, 02:48:14 PM »
Soylent Green is in 2022.

It's also what is in the fake sausage egg and cheese being sold at Dunkin' Donuts.  Eat real meat boys, not soylent green.   8)
We battle not against flesh and blood...

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #2299 on: May 28, 2020, 07:32:08 AM »
Life imitating art  :crazy2:  Gotta wonder how the h*ll he got up there without shredding the float.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/alligator-spotted-on-alligator-pool-float-at-miami-airbnb-11177604
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #2300 on: May 28, 2020, 08:02:33 AM »
"I'll just wait here for the kids to come-out for a swim. If they see me, they'll think I'm just the float".  :uglystupid2:  Alligators have one of the smallest brains in Nature.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #2301 on: July 15, 2020, 06:57:42 AM »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #2302 on: July 15, 2020, 09:05:26 AM »
That's pretty!  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline GroggyGrognard

• Viking
  • Life is short. Play more games.
« Reply #2303 on: August 31, 2020, 10:13:26 PM »
“Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government.”
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

"Your behavior has flagrantly violated that rule, so you've earned yourself a 48-hour ban. Congratulations. You're the first person to earn that award in 10 years (not including spammers from Pakistan and the Ukraine)."
-Jarhead0331

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Open your heart
« Reply #2304 on: September 01, 2020, 07:50:49 AM »
^Awesome!
We battle not against flesh and blood...

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #2305 on: September 01, 2020, 08:52:50 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #2306 on: March 31, 2021, 02:18:03 PM »
A selfie from Curiosity (landed on Mars Aug 2012!) taken in front of 'Mont Mercou,' a rock formation that’s 20ft (6m) tall," JPL posted, "It's made up of 60 images from my MAHLI camera and 11 images from my Mastcam. Look close enough to spot a new drill hole – my 30th sample to date."

https://www.foxnews.com/science/see-it-nasas-curiosity-rover-takes-mars-selfie
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 02:20:50 PM by steve58 »

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #2307 on: March 31, 2021, 08:53:49 PM »
Very cool!  O0