Tuesday Interview - Dr James Sterrett talks CGSC Wargaming

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2017, 08:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

Interesting read  O0 I'm rapidly learning that army personnel love an abbreviation or two :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Sir Slash

Interesting indeed. I bet the Grogs could wipe the floor against all those Army Pukes. Without their dongles, they can't do nothing.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

Quote...and second, that my troubles learning new games came not from gray hair, but from being lazy!

Man does this statement strike close to home.  :-"

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on February 07, 2017, 08:02:26 PM
Quote...and second, that my troubles learning new games came not from gray hair, but from being lazy!

Man does this statement strike close to home.  :-"

Sure does
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

James Sterrett

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

And yes, Emeraldlis, we are completely addicted to abbreviations and acronyms.  Within two moths of starting work at CGSC, my wife complained I no longer spoke English.   :)

bayonetbrant

It's not like she didn't understand the acronyms herself or something
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

James Sterrett

True - though she was used to Canadian acronyms...  not all were the same - and ours change all the time.   :D

mirth

Barthheart

mirth

bayonetbrant

Bison