Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 31, 2013, 03:33:18 PM
Quote from: Jack Nastyface on March 31, 2013, 01:51:36 PM
SWAT 3 / 4 are both excellent titles, IMHO.  Well worth the $9.  I particularly like the fact that these are perhaps the only shooters I know of where you get extra points for restraining bad guys instead of just killing them.

How different is SWAT 3 & 4?  Thinking of picking up SWAT 3, but didn't know if it has a lot less features than SWAT 4.  Hate to go backwards and be frustrated.

SWAT3 was very similar to 4, but it's pretty damn old these days.  I think you'll be fine sticking with 4 and passing on the old one.

Jack Nastyface

IMHO...both games have their good and bad points.  SWAT3 features interesting weapon ballistics (ie:  you can easily shoot through drywall but not cement), which is  good because it's nice to see "realistic" gun-play, but also bad, because you can accidently whack good guys if you shoot wild, and bad guys can blast you through walls.  SWAT 4 IMHO has a slightly better weapon / equipment selection, and a greater range of team tactics.   SWAT3 features one of the best FPS levels ever designed (the last one, in the sewers).

If you can, try playing multi-player coop with some like minded players.  It's really great to get a bunch of guys together who work as a team and try to arrest bad guys instead of just blasting them.

Obviously, SWAT 3 as the older game has dated graphics....but really, the gameplay is more important in this type of game.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on April 01, 2013, 12:18:07 AM
IMHO...both games have their good and bad points.  SWAT3 features interesting weapon ballistics (ie:  you can easily shoot through drywall but not cement), which is  good because it's nice to see "realistic" gun-play, but also bad, because you can accidently whack good guys if you shoot wild, and bad guys can blast you through walls.  SWAT 4 IMHO has a slightly better weapon / equipment selection, and a greater range of team tactics.   SWAT3 features one of the best FPS levels ever designed (the last one, in the sewers).

If you can, try playing multi-player coop with some like minded players.  It's really great to get a bunch of guys together who work as a team and try to arrest bad guys instead of just blasting them.

Obviously, SWAT 3 as the older game has dated graphics....but really, the gameplay is more important in this type of game.

Played a little swat 3 last night...sure, dated graphics but still good enough.  Probably the biggest issue for me is the command system seems to be largely keyboard driven where in swat 4 I can access via mouse controls.  Like mouse controls better, but I am sure I will get use to it....just might be tough to keep consistent when toggling between games.

Oche

SWAT 4 is a must play from time to time on my list. Multiplayer COOP is very rewarding when it comes to tactics and teamwork.

Jarhead0331

REPOSTED FROM SALES THREAD

Quote from: PanzersEast on April 01, 2013, 01:34:00 PM
Got a flight in this weekend where I flew the CS 707 from Vienna to Düsseldorf departing early in the morning.  It was snowing in Vienna with limited visibility.  I took off and as I crossed into Germany I encountered broken clouds and fai weather, however once I started into Düsseldorf, the weather had deteriorated. 

As you can see below, I acquired the GS and began my approach into Düsseldorf @ 2500 visibility was nil.... however I was at 900 and then 800 ft above and still could not see the runway.... but I continued on. It was not until I was 700 above when I caught the runway lights.  A fun flight to say the least. sorry for the long trail of screenshots.....

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rekim

PanzersEast

Right topic this time....

Early morning flight with the KingAir flying past O'Hare (KORD) AP on my righthand side.  Light turbulence and nice sunrise.  This was a test flight and today I realize I did not have a new software package setup correctly to mimic aircraft turbulence for movement (at leas that is what I think).

Other flight was to Vienna and as I was fiddeling around in the cockpit I get a TCAS alert then finally the ATC warns me and I see a 737 at my 9 O'clock... then clear skies to my destination.  Think I am about finished with my setup, just purchased OpusFSX for weather and movement model, it is outstanding!

PE

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

I see someone picked up TL2 on the recent sale..  ;D

-budd-

i'm on a self imposed ww2 gaming break while i wait for the BFTB patch to go final and COTA to be released and then hoping to pick HTTR with those in a bundle deal. Meanwhile after not having steam installed on my system for about 5 years i re-installed, now i'm on a crack like game sale buying binge ::). GOG, Amazon, Gamersgate, Getgames, Steam ....it just doesn't matter....l need an intervention ;D
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

Some more War Thunder matches in 'Arcade Mode' with mouse aim.

PanzersEast

More flying in FSX.... adjusted the gama and brightness with great results.  I've done nothing but fly these past two weeks and tweak my setup, forgot how much I missed flying in FSX and OC'ing makes a world of difference.  Hit a hellatous crosswind coming into Cologne..... 

jomni

Captain Sim 727?  You know, I've never been able to bring that F version to cruise altitude because I stall.  Did you tweak the config in that one?

PanzersEast

Quote from: jomni on April 12, 2013, 08:48:52 AM
Captain Sim 727?  You know, I've never been able to bring that F version to cruise altitude because I stall.  Did you tweak the config in that one?

Yes, it is the CS 727.  There is a problem with the avionics which shortly after take-off you will lose power.  You will need to add this (electric_always_available=1) to your aircraft.cfg file.

[electrical]
max_battery_voltage = 24.0
generator_alternator_voltage = 30.0
max_generator_alternator_amps = 400.0
electric_always_available=1

If you do not, you will loose power to the a/p (avionics) and it will not allow you to hold altitude, vertical hold etc...  Also if you want to track the Flight Plan, you will need to map a shortcut key to (Nav/GPS)..... I mapped mine to Ctrl+G I believe or to a flight stick button.  Once you map it, you can turn the Auto-pilot to NAV/LOC and it will track your flightplan.

or if you want a GPS button to show on your Auto-Pilot you can add the following:

727-100
[Window03]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=447,106
position=2
visible=0
ident=10005
gauge00=Captain_Sim.p721.P12!P12_001_ap, 20,0, 427,106
gauge01=Cessna!Nav_GPS_Annunciator, 0,0,20,20
gauge02=Cessna!Nav GPS Switch, 0,20,20,20

And for the 727-200, 727-100F and 727-200F:

[Window03]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=447,106
position=2
visible=0
ident=10005
gauge00=..\..\CS_B727-100\panel\Captain_Sim.p721.P12!P12_001_ap, 20,0, 427,106
gauge01=Cessna!Nav_GPS_Annunciator, 0,0,20,20
gauge02=Cessna!Nav GPS Switch, 0,20,20,20

I generally climb at about 1800 ~ 2100 on the VSI in the 727 until I reach around FL20 and then you will need to adjust to keep it at least 250 kts, it is slow getting there and usually my speed is around 250 kts showing.  With the 727 you have to really watch the VSI and IAS because the Autopilot is not perfect and your VSI can drop so you have to adjust.  With no auto-throttle you have to continually watch the IAS, once at cruise you should be ok.

PE