Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 25, 2013, 01:19:16 AM
Thanks.  I'm still learning the nuances of the UI.  I still tend to lose units a lot when I shouldn't have because I'm not always clear how to get the units to do what I want.

For example, in the battle posted above, I had wanted my Czech riflemen to stay down in the lowest section of those creek beds but they spread out into line once they finished their move order.  Some climbed out of the creek bed and up onto the backs and were thus spotted and mortared by the Germans.

I now know what I did wrong in that instance but I still sometimes have trouble getting my guys to behave as I'd like.  Once I get a better handle on things, I'll write up an AAR.

awesome - its stuff like that thats the difference between buying a game and not - and now i want to buy it!

although the list of compatible updates and mods is a bit scary

-budd-

Still working my way through Amnesia the dark decent.

Got past the water monster in the tunnels and moved on to the backhall

had to do some hiding from the monsters along the way

Visited the prison, man it was dark down there.

Went to the morgue, via the cistern

8 hours in, i've reached the sewers.

The Decent continues........
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

MengJiao

Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM
Here is the thread to share all those in game screenshots you take.

On a quick hike up to Air Station Mike on Stratis in ARMAIII, I screenshot these lichen.  These hardy symbiots are something I haven't seen
in any FPS up to now:

Staggerwing

I dunno man, you sure that isn't the source of the Day Z zombie Apocalypse? Those little fellers look like they're glowing just a wee bit. That can't be good :o
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

-budd-

My Dark Decent is over, just under 13 hours to completion. That seems about right for this kind of game, i must of liked it, i finished it :)
The next game will have to allow me to shoot something. Picked it up for $4.99 , not bad. The story is good and ties together , the puzzles all have reasonable solutions and some require some thought. The sound effects set the mood really well and I can't remember any unfair deaths. I recommend playing in low light with headphones and in decent chunks of time. If you like this type of game. it's worth the ride.

Here's some final shots

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

MengJiao

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 29, 2013, 08:54:39 PM
I dunno man, you sure that isn't the source of the Day Z zombie Apocalypse? Those little fellers look like they're glowing just a wee bit. That can't be good :o

There's a thought: ARMAIII alpha reveals the origins of the DayZ infection.  There was an "infection" on the servers that caused players to fly up in the sky and die rather than respawning.

Now, maybe if you eat your lichens and gain immunity you can play ARMAIII without the DayZ mod.

Nefaro

Playing some HPS Persian Wars (as Persia here):

Bison

Those graphics actually don't look half bad.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on May 02, 2013, 10:42:36 PM
Those graphics actually don't look half bad.

The only problem with the Ancient Warfare series is that the terrain (trees, huts, etc) block the view of units behind them.  They have height.  In a 2D game, it's damn annoying. 

I wish there was some terrain mod where it was far shorter or even just flat graphics on the hexes.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 01, 2013, 09:00:57 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 29, 2013, 08:54:39 PM

There's a thought: ARMAIII alpha reveals the origins of the DayZ infection.  There was an "infection" on the servers that caused players to fly up in the sky and die rather than respawning.

Now, maybe if you eat your lichens and gain immunity you can play ARMAIII without the DayZ mod.

Ju88 in trouble after attacking Ventnor radar:

RooksBailey

I've become badly addicted to Scourge of War.  :o  Lord, it is good to be back in the American Civil War (I mean for gaming purposes  :D).  Here are two massaged screenshots I took:

First up:  The 2nd Massachusetts, with Phillip's Georgia Legion taken prisoner behind them, getting ready to receive some more confederates.

Second:  The 107th New York holds fast against the 18th Mississippi:

Third:  the 2nd Massachusetts runs to take cover behind a rough fence and return fire at advancing rebs.

Fourth: Profile in courage - the 2nd Massachusetts' CO stands bravely while his troops hit the dirt to avoid incoming artillery.  I used some zoom blurring here to try and emphasize the danger and his bravery:

Okay, I did take a break from SoW to dabble in some Wargame: ALB skirmishing.  ;D  Here's some East German tanks firing while on the move:

I am really looking forward to the replay feature as it should make taking good screenshots much easier.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Jarhead0331

^Outstanding! Love the effects!!!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jomni

Some talented editing there.

undercovergeek

W8taminute

Those are some great photorealistic shots.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk