Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

For my second refresher flight, I decided to slingshot around the Mun.  Could've landed there but I didn't have lander legs installed on it.  I probably would've lacked a few seconds worth of fuel to make it back home, anyway.  :D   

Inbound

Slingshot around the Mun, catching the Sun- and Kerbin-rise after passing the dark side.

Re-entry path back home

I did this flight on my notebook.  Odd how my weaker laptop vid card ran it better than the desktop.  The AA looks better on it too despite being at the same setting and lower resolution.  It must like Nvidia drivers better.

Jarhead0331

You don't fly with mechjeb?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 17, 2013, 10:13:05 AM
You don't fly with mechjeb?

I've been freeballin' it.

Attempted to drop it in but something messed up so I removed it.  Flying vanilla doesn't bother me if it's just flying by the seat of my pants in Kerbin's area of influence (and 2 moons).  I like the challenge.   

I'm sure that I'll have to load it up when I start doing more than nearby moon landings, though.  Even then, I prefer to use the informational/calculational stuff in MechJeb for the most part.

EDIT:  On that second flight, I had only planned to jack around in orbit around Kerbin for awhile, but I had a good amount of fuel left over after circularizing my orbit so I decided to fly out to the moon & back on a whim.  ;D  Was fun stuff, aside from having to make an extra correction on my outbound trip.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I picked up the full version of Kerbal when it was on sale a few days ago.  I had hoped they'd fixed the issue with multiple controllers that I'd found in the demo, but I still can't get mine to map properly.  I enter my joystick inputs in the axis mapper but it doesn't recognize them as being from the joystick.  Instead, it takes inputs from my HOTAS throttle and sees those as being from the joystick.

Other than unplugging each device and then mapping one, editing the .cfg, and then adding the next device, creating a new .cfg file and then merging the files when all is done, is there another fix?

Nefaro

I was afraid I'd run into issues attempting to use a joystick in KSP, so I've not bothered yet. 

The biggest need is for a proper throttle, I think.  I'd try using a 360 controller with KSP but it doesn't have a proper throttle so probably not worth trying IMO. 

Think I saw someone mention in a KSP Youtube tutorial that the game doesn't yet recognize their HOTAS joystick properly, although his plain 'ole MS Sidewinder works fine.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I've got a Sidewinder but I also use a HOTAS throttle with it.  That's the issue.  I tried flying with the keyboard but controlling seems very, very sensitive that way.  The slightest touch of a key sends the command module into a very coarse spin.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 17, 2013, 04:59:11 PM
I've got a Sidewinder but I also use a HOTAS throttle with it.  That's the issue.  I tried flying with the keyboard but controlling seems very, very sensitive that way.  The slightest touch of a key sends the command module into a very coarse spin.

Yeah, I just had problems with fine control on the throttle (using keyboard) in my Mun Lander.   I was having problems setting my thruster to just the right spot when getting very close to landing, so it was either taking off or coming down too fast near the surface of the Mun.

While I touched down, I still hit fairly hard.    I also forgot to test my lander leg placement out before launching, so my exhaust nozzle blowed up on touching down (it stuck out a bit too far).   Looks like Jebediah Kerbil isn't going home anytime soon.  ;D 

Note to self:  Test Lander on Kerbin after adjusting lander legs!

Kushan

Nice shots Nefaro. One day I hope my kerbals will actually reach orbit.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

undercovergeek

Day 1 of 'treating myself to 2 days off work for gaming paradise' update:-

Sgt. Jarhead delicately winkles out an alien stubbornly refusing to come out of cover -

'Whats that you say? Build an alien containment lab and capture one alive?'......................

'Oops, sorry'..................... 'Yes, yes I understand, close to short range and use the stun device, will do'..................

'JAAAAAAARHEAD!!!!'

jomni

It's not fun being infantry against armor.

First battle in my campaign was a disaster.  The 2nd one too.

PanzersEast

Nice shots Jomni.... Look, I can fly.....

I tried getting into that series, but the interface just killed it form me.

PE

undercovergeek

to be fair, you are launching hat wearing men at the tanks!

Tinkershuffle

Great that you got the graphics working, good shots Jomni!

undercovergeek

Gamesday Part II:-

Anti-tank forces are flown to the front to capture and hold the objectives until support can be brought up -

Hey wait - thats my plan!! The AI flys past me with its own helicopter, lands a squad of Spetznatz, and then shoots my choppers out of the sky -

The surviving choppers, under the cover of the forest, sit in overwatch as the depleted AT survivors head for the buildings -

I call in a Tornado to take out the Spetznatz chopper, just as a Mig 31 appears in the top left corner -

The support arrives on top of the ridge over looking the scene, whilst Fusiliers fly past to capture the farm buildings -

The Challengers are ambushed by sneaky Russian troops in the tall grass -

I send in Commandos to clear out the sneaky Russians -

Who in turn are ambushed by other hidden sneaky Russians! -

Tinkershuffle

Great drama, the smoke shells really make the immersion.  :)