Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: LongBlade on September 19, 2013, 07:08:04 AM
Wow. Rise of Flight looks so good...

+1 Those are some awesome screenies.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on September 19, 2013, 12:08:49 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on September 19, 2013, 07:08:04 AM
Wow. Rise of Flight looks so good...

+1 Those are some awesome screenies.

I've been really surprised at how smoothly it runs, even on my 4-year old desktop computer.  Not only does it look good, but I've not experienced any graphics stutter or other craziness.  Very optimized.  8)  My new favorite flight sim.

Father Ted

Quote from: Nefaro on September 19, 2013, 12:32:54 PM
My new favorite flight sim.

I've flown RoF on and off for about 18 months now.  I still struggle with shooting and combat in general, but I like to hop in the Syndicate server and just fly around, because it does feel like I'm flying over the Western Front.  Often I'll have a "blank patrol" and land without seeing any action, yet I've still enjoyed the experience, which I think is a testament to the game's "simness"

Oche

jomni

Nefaro

Quote from: Father Ted on September 19, 2013, 04:29:07 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 19, 2013, 12:32:54 PM
My new favorite flight sim.

I've flown RoF on and off for about 18 months now.  I still struggle with shooting and combat in general, but I like to hop in the Syndicate server and just fly around, because it does feel like I'm flying over the Western Front.  Often I'll have a "blank patrol" and land without seeing any action, yet I've still enjoyed the experience, which I think is a testament to the game's "simness"

It definitely has a great atmosphere about it.  Certainly not easy to shoot people down, but it's quite immersive whether you do or not.

I still have yet to even fire up a Career because I've been practicing with various aircraft types.  Obviously the German side is easier since most of their scouts are pretty forgiving in a stall.

Toonces

That's a good looking jet, Oche!

I'm slowly working my way up the Delta ladder so I can transition to the B727.  I love the classic airliners so much.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Oche

Quote from: Toonces on September 19, 2013, 09:08:13 PM
That's a good looking jet, Oche!

I'm slowly working my way up the Delta ladder so I can transition to the B727.  I love the classic airliners so much.

I hear you, the 727 is a must classic, and it's on my fly list as well.

LongBlade

While I was deploying my troops I happened to look at the top of the hill where I was headed and noticed some animals (deer?) fleeing the scene.

That's a neat little detail in Rome II.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

undercovergeek

seen that, and birds flying out of the forest as you enter - little immersive details make it that bit more special

<<wrapping a flame proof seal round this comment before some wise ass comes on and says - it only needs a working AI, and working BAI and working campaign AI and better graphics optimisation and then it might be alright huuurrrrrrr hurrrrrrr>>

Nefaro

I was just gonna say that I'm pretty sure it had that bit of extra fluff since ETW/NTW or Shogun 2.  You never noticed it before?  :P

LongBlade

Quote from: Nefaro on September 22, 2013, 02:42:44 PM
I was just gonna say that I'm pretty sure it had that bit of extra fluff since ETW/NTW or Shogun 2.  You never noticed it before?  :P

I didn't play Empire or Napoleon.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

8)

Stug life baby!
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

RooksBailey

Holy smokes!  That's what I call good hunting!   :D
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

GDS_Starfury

Danke.  the 3 lights were dogfights, the arty was a face off and the rest were distance kills.  what made it possible were the crew skills.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.