Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Tornado on the ground - RAF Lossiemouth (Aircraft & Scenery by UKMIL)

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Jarhead0331

Alien Battle Barges

Xenos Priest - Loading screen

Attacking Swarm Hive

Battle Results Screen

First Battle Test of the King George III Class Cruisers

King George III in action

Scanner Screen - Missile Barrages from Sirius IV incoming

Slaver Ships Attacking Colony at Uv Ceti

Slaver Planetary Assault Pods Deploying

Another Shot of Slaver Assault Pod
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

My first Dreadnaught Class Vessel - The GIMS Hood

Hood - Making Space Safe for Humanity

A Hood Class Dreadnaught Leading a Squadron into Action

A Hood Class Dreadnaught

Enemy ships Exploding

Designing a "Battle Rider," a Destroyer sized class of vessel

A Battle Rider from the side.  This design ended up being christened, "Greyhound."

First Contact with a major Alien Empire - The Lirr

The Liir "Invasion Fleet"

The Liir Fired First - Honest...

Interesting vessels - But soft

The Liir on the Run

First Attack Fleet in Pursuit

No Escape
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

bob48

Thanks JH - the more I see, the more I like. Again, the ship design looks very cool.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Martok

What are the fleet sizes like in SotS2? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Jarhead0331

It varies, depending on the sophistication of your C3 technology. The more advanced your command and communication tech gets, the larger your fleet can be. Average fleet size for me is about 10 vessels. This does not include drones or battle riders.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Kushan

JH, those screenshots make it really hard not to buy. Hows the non battle side of the game, empire management, diplomacy, etc? I only Played a little bit of SOTS1, but from what I remember empire management was really thin and there was very few diplomacy options.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Kushan on November 03, 2012, 10:07:30 AM
JH, those screenshots make it really hard not to buy. Hows the non battle side of the game, empire management, diplomacy, etc? I only Played a little bit of SOTS1, but from what I remember empire management was really thin and there was very few diplomacy options.

I love the research options, colonization, ship design, etc.  I'm just getting into diplomacy now so its a bit early to comment.  The economy appears to be very complicated, as well, and while I've learned how to manage it, I find there are sometimes oddities that I have yet been able to put my finger on.  However, I do not think its a problem with the game, just a problem with me not knowing the mechanics yet.  One thing that has become pretty obvious though is that many options seem to be very stripped down at first...but then as you conduct more research, your options increase.  However, at first, there is no indication that there are research imposed limitations...so that lead me to believe that certain aspects of the game appeared unfinished or weak, when in reality, I just hadn't unlocked certain technologies or theoretical concepts to broaden the game's possibilities. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

My truck

Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

SotS2 is looking pretty good.

If the empire management side of it is a good deal more involved than the original, I may pick it up sometime.  :)

JudgeDredd

And some more

You know - I'm extremely thankful to Photobucket for giving me free hosting - but their site is bugged to hell!
Alba gu' brath

PanzersEast

JH

I think I have it lined out but I need to use maybe fraps to check my FPS to make sure, but performance has increased.  I have not had a battle yet, what are your video options set at.

PE

Jarhead0331

Quote from: PanzersEast on November 03, 2012, 02:37:34 PM
JH

I think I have it lined out but I need to use maybe fraps to check my FPS to make sure, but performance has increased.  I have not had a battle yet, what are your video options set at.

PE

All graphics options are checked except, "windowed." Resolution is 1024x720 and texture quality is maxed out.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Staggerwing

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 02, 2012, 01:17:00 PM
Constructing Tannhauser Gate Civilian Space Station - Earth Orbit

Nice! A Blade Runner shout-out!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2012, 03:04:43 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on November 03, 2012, 02:37:34 PM
JH

PE

All graphics options are checked except, "windowed." Resolution is 1024x720 and texture quality is maxed out.

youve turned me into a graphics whore - based on screenshots alone ive never wanted a game as much as this