Holiday Gaming Damage

Started by airboy, January 03, 2020, 01:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

What was your total Holiday Gaming Damage this year?

Computer Games:
Grogheads Deals: Bought Warplan and WW1 (about $60).
Other Sales: Bought very little - mostly Matrix titles on deep discount and not too many of these.  Civil War 2; War Plan Orange & a Pride of Nations scenario - $20 max.

Board Games:
Mansions of Madness - was given one expansion and bought four others.  This ran around $200+.
Compass Games (wargames): Bought 2 of these, ran around $150.
Secrets of the Lost Tomb - $80 with shipping.
Expansions for Eldritch Horror - $20
DVG Games: Gato Leader; Field Commander Alexander - total about $100.  They had a very good sale on Amazon.
DVG Games Kickstarter: Expansion for Fleet Commander Nimitz & for Cards of Cthulhu - $50

RPG Stuff:
Very little, less than $20.  Still digesting my purchases over the last 3 years.

By the end of all of this I only have two things on my board game wish list - excepting expansions for Descent.  Not buying any of those until I play the base game and see how the wife and I like it. 

steve58

Just $34 to World of Warships for 8 Mega Crates.  Gotta save some $s for TASK FORCE ADMIRAL Vol.1: American Carrier and Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts later this year.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

~75.00 for roughly 7 PC games and DLC.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Might still grab something on Matrix but so far $6 for Rainbow Six Siege
Insert witty comment here.

-budd-

Received a Tiller gift card so went a little overboard during the sale. Hey, just trying to encourage them to have more sales.
Picked up at Tillers store:
Panzer Battles: Battles in North Africa
Gettysburg
France 14
Middle East 67
Squad Battles Modern War
The First Blitzkrieg
out of pocket about $80

Received Steam gift cards so no out of pocket
Picked up
The Talos Principle - $5.53
Among the Sleep - $3.14
Little Nightmares Complete Edition - $6.92
Fallout 4 - $8.28
Guns, Gore and Cannoli - $4.62
Color Of Madness - $2.74
Darkest Dungeon - Crimson Court - $5.50
Darkest Dungeon: The Shieldbreaker - $2.19

Already finished Little Nightmares and Among the Sleep
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

GroggyGrognard

Quote from: airboy on January 03, 2020, 01:19:34 PM
Board Games:
Mansions of Madness - was given one expansion and bought four others.  This ran around $200+.

This is, simply put, a fantastic game system. A buddy of mine and I just finished the 'Path of the Serpent' expansion pack over New Year. We finished the first scenario one day, and the last two a few days later.  Fun expansion.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

The_Admiral

Quote from: steve58 on January 03, 2020, 04:04:20 PM
Just $34 to World of Warships for 8 Mega Crates.  Gotta save some $s for TASK FORCE ADMIRAL Vol.1: American Carrier and Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts later this year.

Don't worry, the pricetag won't be so high that you might need to plan in advance.
Your monthly paycheck will do.

:coolsmiley:

steve58

Quote from: The_Admiral on January 04, 2020, 02:03:16 AM
Quote from: steve58 on January 03, 2020, 04:04:20 PM

Don't worry, the pricetag won't be so high that you might need to plan in advance.
Your monthly paycheck will do.

:coolsmiley:
:o  ;D
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Redwolf

A couple things for DCS. Not too bad.

Dammit Carl!

Guessing I've dropped $75-$85 for computer games overall this season; $20ish here, $20ish there, etc.  Went for depth in titles (DLCs) vs. a slew of different things.

LoganismyHERO

Star Wars Imperial Assault - $70
18 figure packs - $70 with tax...yep, 75% off at a local retailer. I'm calling this the sale/find of the year!

This was it for me this holiday season.

jomni

No new games! Pat on the back!
Bought some War Thunder goodies! Kick on the butt!

jamus34

As far as board games nothing specific for me but picked up the following for the family / kids

Ticket to Ride Europe
Planet
Imhotep
Arkham Horror LCG
Insert witty comment here.

W8taminute

I grabbed Total War: Warhammer II and Master of Orion (2016 edition).  Both great games but I really love that 'just one more turn' feeling with Master of Orion.  Can't stop playing it!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

FlickJax

Quote from: W8taminute on January 08, 2020, 08:39:31 AM
I grabbed Total War: Warhammer II and Master of Orion (2016 edition).  Both great games but I really love that 'just one more turn' feeling with Master of Orion.  Can't stop playing it!

:)  not had that feeling in a while :(