Star Wars Rebels?

Started by WallysWorld, March 01, 2015, 11:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

Accidentally came across this CGI show on Disney XD Canada the other day while scanning through the cable guide and really enjoyed the episode. Excellent graphics for a TV series and quite a fun show to watch.

Anyone else watching this show? It's been renewed for a second season.

Star Wars Rebels is an American 3D CGI animated television series produced by Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm Animation. Set fourteen years after Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and five years before Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Rebels takes place during an era when the Galactic Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy. Imperial forces are hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights while a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking form. The visual style of Star Wars Rebels is inspired by the original Star Wars trilogy concept art by Ralph McQuarrie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Rebels
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

GDS_Starfury

I catch it when I run across it and its not bad at all.  not quite up to Clone Wars standards but its geared to a younger audience.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

Bayonet JR is a fan, which means I get to see some of them.  I like that things aren't dumbed down for the kids.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I've watched a couple. It's pretty good. Cool that they brought back Billy Dee Williams for Lando.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jejo68

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 02, 2015, 06:20:27 AM
Bayonet JR is a fan, which means I get to see some of them.  I like that things aren't dumbed down for the kids.
Really ?
My 11 yo son thinks its lame the way its dumbed Down.
I only saw about 1 min where one of the heroes had a laser slingshooter in his armband (i pressume it was in an armband)

mirth

Chewie had a laser crossbow and wore an ammo belt for it.

Star Wars has never been particularly brainy sci-fi.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Centurion40

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 02, 2015, 06:20:27 AM

Same with 40Jr.  He likes the Legos too.
Any time is a good time for pie.

WallysWorld

Did anyone else watch the hour long "Siege of Lothal" episode which served as a setup for season 2?

I thought it was pretty darn good especially with Vader taking a prominent role in the show and it was nice to see Lando reappear even if briefly. IMDB gives the episode a score of 9.3 which is pretty accurate IMHO.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson