Avengers Age of Ultron

Started by Tpek, April 24, 2015, 06:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

I just watched the new Avengers movie a few hours ago at the cinema,
It's pretty neat. Better than the previous IMHO.

And of course as you can expect, lots of explosions, special effects, slow motion shots and pointlessly long fights (the Hulkbuster Iron-Man vs Hulk for an example).
Lots of cameos by minor characters from the individual movies, as well as Stan Lee (what a surprise).

Hardly any real plot twists, only 1 thing I didn't expect but I'd rather not spoil it here for you.

Plus more Thanos references, building up to a potentially great Marvel team-up movie.

MetalDog

We don't get the movie until next Friday.  I am envious.  Glad you enjoyed it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tpek

Yeah, I don't get why the U.S gets shafted.
While I am glad not the be the one screwed yet again with late releases, it'd be preferable if it was a 23rd of April release for everyone.

Sir Slash

Ditto. Premiers here the 30th. I got my tickets and ready to go but now I feel really left behind.  :-\
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on April 24, 2015, 07:14:36 PM
Yeah, I don't get why the U.S gets shafted.
While I am glad not the be the one screwed yet again with late releases, it'd be preferable if it was a 23rd of April release for everyone.

My theory:  they are releasing it late so the movie is still playing in many theaters at the end of the month.  By then, kids are out of school for summer vacation and have the whole day to waste.

They're probably hoping to get some extra visits from families with fewer scheduling conflicts and groups of teens who will go back to see it multiple times while they're off school.