Deadpool? Doesnt look like your average superhero film

Started by undercovergeek, July 13, 2015, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 05, 2015, 06:07:11 AM

maybe it's just me, but when Reynolds is in the suit and mouthing off, I just keep hearing Jason Lee instead of RR

Jason Lee would've had much better delivery. 

I still laugh at some of his Mallrats lines, despite having seen it more times than I can count.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 05, 2015, 07:55:30 AM
Well, that looks boring.

Yet fairly accurate to the comics, which considering this is 20th Century Fox is pretty good.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Nefaro

The CGI for the mask's eye covers looks too CGI.

I'm sure they want to capture those nutty expressions from the comics, but it's jarring in the few brief preview moments when they're moving.

Barthheart

That looks cool to me. I don't have the hate on for RR that the rest of you seem to. I also like that it is definitely not suitable for kids. Should be great fun... But still a rental.... Pretty much never go to the theatre these days... Too much money and I want a beer while I watch something like this.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on August 06, 2015, 06:21:29 PMToo much money and I want a beer while I watch something like this.

http://www.eastontowncenter.com/tenants/amc-easton-30.aspx

QuoteAMC Easton offers the hottest new releases on 30 spectacular screens, featuring IMAX® and RealD® 3D presentations. We've got a unique concession menu featuring items such as chicken fingers, pizza, and mozzarella sticks, along with all your traditional favorites like candy and popcorn. Guests 21 and over can enjoy beer, wine and cocktails from our MacGuffins® bar and relax or take it with them to the auditorium.

I know, I know.  You want your recliner.

QuoteNOW OPEN! AMC Dine-In Theatres
AMC introduces Dine-In Theatres to Easton Town Center, bringing an experience that combines the cuisine and cocktail options of a restaurant with the fun and excitement of a movie theatre. Guests can enjoy food and drink from our extensive menu of cocktails, appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts served seat-side as they relax in upscale seating and luxury recliners. This premium environment is available with reserved seating in 2 types of experiences: Cinema Suites® for guests 21 and over only, and Fork & Screen® for guests 18 and over or accompanied by parent or guardian.

Boo-ya

Now you're gonna say that you want to be able to watch it in your underwear, huh?
Quote(A) No person shall recklessly do any of the following, under circumstances in which the person's conduct is likely to be viewed by and affront others who are in the person's physical proximity and who are not members of the person's household:
(1) Expose the person's private parts;
(2) Engage in sexual conduct or masturbation;
(3) Engage in conduct that to an ordinary observer would appear to be sexual conduct or masturbation.
~~
(C)
(1) Whoever violates this section is guilty of public indecency and shall be punished as provided in divisions (C)(2), (3), (4), and (5) of this section.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in division (C)(2) of this section, a violation of division (A)(1) of this section is a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one violation of this section, a violation of division (A)(1) of this section is a misdemeanor of the third degree or, if any person who was likely to view and be affronted by the offender's conduct was a minor, a misdemeanor of the second degree. If the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to two violations of this section, a violation of division (A)(1) of this section is a misdemeanor of the second degree or, if any person who was likely to view and be affronted by the offender's conduct was a minor, a misdemeanor of the first degree. If the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to three or more violations of this section, a violation of division (A)(1) of this section is a misdemeanor of the first degree or, if any person who was likely to view and be affronted by the offender's conduct was a minor, a felony of the fifth degree.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

The AMC close to our house has leather reclining seats. I won't go anywhere else and have seen more movies at the theater in the last eight months than I've seen in the previous eight years because of that place. Also, pre-seat selection FTW.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

They've got the grinning pile part right.  It IS Ryan Reynolds after all.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on January 15, 2016, 06:48:44 AM
They've got the grinning pile part right.  It IS Ryan Reynolds after all.

dead + poo + l

MetalDog

I got the references.  Just can't pass up the opportunity to rag on Reynolds. 

JasonPratt

That chat for the clever ValDay promotion is hilarious.  :2funny:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!