True Detective: Season 2

Started by Ubercat, September 27, 2015, 08:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

My wife and I liked it!

Sure, it was a bit overly melodramatic. There were too many significant stares and overly clever dialogue. It certainly wasn't AMAZING like season 1. But it was more than worth watching.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Only watched the first episode.  I like none of the main players except for Rachel McAdams.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Oddly, my GF says that my mannerisms remind her of Vince.  Not sure if that's good.

Gusington

It is. Especially if it's True Detective Vince.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Dodgeball Vince would be acceptable too.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

I'm pretty sure it's just Vince Vince.  But thanks for the support fellas.

Gusington

Swingers Vince is the ideal, the industry standard. The Old Skool Vince is who you want us to see you as.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

I'll get to work on that right away.

Gusington

I don't vibe it yet. Keep at it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Quote from: Gusington on September 29, 2015, 09:22:08 PM
I don't vibe it yet. Keep at it.

Gus, do you want to live a good life?  I don't mean one of those pre-packaged, bought off the rack lives that leads only from day to day.  With no zing.  No pep.  No joy.  But, a truly GOOD life?  One that makes you jump out of bed in the morning!  With a gleam in your eye, alight with all the possibilities promised in each new dawn?!  Where your dreams are your reality and noone, I mean NOONE, is better than you?!  Then you need to go get her!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

TacticalWargames

I though season 1 was far and away the better series. I watched all the Eps but I can't say I was ever itching to see the next episode.

Gusington

The shootout in the 2nd season was incredible.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd