Richard Hatch from the original Battlestar Galactica passes away

Started by WallysWorld, February 08, 2017, 10:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

Always liked the original show and especially his Apollo character.  :'(

Richard Hatch passes away

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Pete Dero

F**k.   I must have been 10 when I watched Battlestar Galactica on TV.

His wife Serina probably was my first crush (before she became Dr Quinn).

Staggerwing

He was on the reimagined series as well, as Tom Zarek: inmate-turned-Quorum representative.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

OJsDad

Quote from: bbmike on February 09, 2017, 11:02:35 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on February 09, 2017, 10:55:54 AM
I liked him better as Zarek than Apollo.

Frak! What a bunch of felgercarb!  :nerd:

I was in elementary when the original BSG was on and still like it.  But think about the character Richard played in that version.  In fact, he liked that role/series so much, he did a pilot episode in the late 90's to try and bring it back, playing the same character.  But the character that he played in the SyFy version was so much a polar opposite of this Apollo character.  Watching him embrace both that role and the totally reimaged version was great.  Add in that Zarek was a lot more complicated character than Apollo ever was, and that's why I like him as Zarek better. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

I loved the original BSG as a kid, but it was crap.  Hell, I loved CHIPS when I was 8 yrs old.

It was cool that Richard Hatch got to play Zarek in the BSG reboot. He did an excellent job with the role.