Main Menu

Spiderman

Started by Grim.Reaper, July 21, 2022, 05:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

I know not wargame, but have been waiting for this one for awhile since I didn't have PlayStation...August 12

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1817070/Marvels_SpiderMan_Remastered/

al_infierno

Is this the relatively new PS4 Spider-Man game everyone's been raving about?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

SirAndrewD

Apparently....and correct me if I'm wrong...he does whatever a spider can.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 21, 2022, 08:47:36 PM
Can he swing?

Depends on how MJ feels about that.   ;)

SirAndrewD

Anyway, to be on topic for once..

Yes that's the PS4 exclusive Spiderman game now released to PC. 

And yes it's worth the buy if you're at all interested in the genre/character. 

It's got a really intuitive and interesting combat system, and the suit power/upgrade system is very very fun. 

I don't like a few of the visual changes they made with the remaster, like changing Peter's look, but that won't bother people that didn't play the original version.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

Pre ordered myself, heard too many good things about it and I don't have PS so will all be new to me...

SirAndrewD

You won't be disappointed. 

It's one of the best Spiderman movies ever made.

Destraex

Quote from: SirAndrewD on July 22, 2022, 06:29:57 PM

How many have their been?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sigwolf

Quote from: Destraex on July 23, 2022, 01:00:49 AM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on July 22, 2022, 06:29:57 PM

How many have their been?
I'm assuming he meant games, not movies  >:D, but there have been a ton, going all the way back to the Atari 2600.  I have three on steam (Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2, and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions), but they have all been de-listed.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sigwolf on July 23, 2022, 08:16:47 AM
I'm assuming he meant games, not movies  >:D, but there have been a ton, going all the way back to the Atari 2600.  I have three on steam (Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2, and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions), but they have all been de-listed.

Nah, I was actually meaning movies. 

The game is a very movie like experience, just one you can interact with. 

As a pure Spiderman game it can hold its own with the Tom Holland films and I'd call it better than the McGuire/Garfield ones.

al_infierno

Available now, 95% positive reviews thus far.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

jamus34

No idea if or how buggy it may be but from a pure gaming perspective if you like open world games this is a must buy.

It can get grindy and the stealth sequences detract but otherwise it's an awesome game.
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

^I'm enjoying it too.  Very polished. This is not a simple sloppy port.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Although liking it, strangely getting motion sickness...hopefully just a short term thing