RIP Verne Troyer

Started by mirth, April 21, 2018, 03:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

RIP Verne. May you finally be free of your demons.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

Damn this has been a terrible week. RIP Verne.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

WallysWorld

Very sad. He was super funny in the Austin Powers movies.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

bayonetbrant

here's what Terry Gilliam posted to social media about Troyer

QuoteVerne.. you bastard! How could you do this? You've abandoned us!. The world is going to rat shit and you decide to piss off and join the choir invisible!!.. Just when we need you more than ever!!!
I was one of the lucky people that got to call Verne Troyer a friend. We worked together on Fear and Loathing and Doctor Parnassus. Verne was probably the most extraordinary person I ever met. He had an amazing spirit, an energy that filled the space of a 7 foot tall, 300 pound gorilla. He was fearless and crazy, sweet and vulnerable, and one of the few people I could accidentally trip over and wouldn't get beaten up too brutally. He had a well-earned temper, he didn't suffer fools, but he understood the big joke that life can be. He has left a massive hole in my universe.
Goodbye Verne, give the bastards hell wherever you are.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers