Wings Over Flanders Fields V2.0 - Coming Soon

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 22, 2014, 07:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 25, 2014, 10:06:05 PM
You suppose?? There are friggin' Zeppelins man!

Zeppelins.  Overrated and outdated even in that period.  :P

But they create big balls of fire, so it's not a complete wash!  >:D

Oh, the humanity!

Father Ted

Gusington

Pfft. Zeppelins are the height of human technological achievement. Plus they look cool and orangey when getting shot down over London.

I wonder if I can mod in 'Kashmir' to the soundtrack of the new WOFF expansion...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Got all my hardware set up again and rockin.

The extra wind buffeting they added in the v2 expansion certainly makes the gunnery more difficult.  The faster you're going, the more the nose "bounces" around.  But on the other side, they thankfully lowered the pilots' toughness (or something?) because it's not quite as insanely difficult to down them with enough bullets.  So it balances out pretty well. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 27, 2014, 09:36:19 PM
^That is great news...seen any Zeppelins?

No.  I fly on the continent, usually in 1917 or 1918.  Where real men go to die quickly.  :P

I might see one if I'm based on the coast.  Pretty sure Germany only rarely tried using them to bomb Paris or some such.  They're just too vulnerable to enemy aircraft.  They were really only very effective at scouting enemy naval assets due to their long loiter times.  IIRC their bombing of Britain didn't go so well after the early war suprise forced the Brits to station some obsolete aircraft on Home Defense.

Not sure how the developers have Zeppelin missions set up, but judging by how they generally model the campaign on historical lines they won't be common.  Even down to the color of the Archie burst smoke colors (white for allied, black for German)  O0 .  They'll not likely be seen much other than passing over their side of the coast, at sea, or bombing British coastal towns or London.

TacticalWargames

Soon as I get some spare funds this is bought in an instant..sounds amazing.

Gusington

Yeah well if you're not flying in defense of coastal Britain I suppose you may not see any Zeppelins. More for me, then :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2014, 10:28:01 AM
Yeah well if you're not flying in defense of coastal Britain I suppose you may not see any Zeppelins. More for me, then :)

But I'm hoping to bag some Gothas instead!  ^-^

Gusington

^Number 2 on my list. I shot down a Gotha in the Wings! remake and was giddy as a school girl. If you can remember I would love to see a screenie of the Gotha here in the OFF update.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2014, 05:32:53 PM
^Number 2 on my list. I shot down a Gotha in the Wings! remake and was giddy as a school girl. If you can remember I would love to see a screenie of the Gotha here in the OFF update.

Hellshade put up a vid of a Home Defense encounter with Gothas:

He's been cranking out the dogfight vids of WOFF v2.

Gusington

^Cool - but having a pic or vid from you would be close to watching a brother shoot down a Gotha...get to it!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2014, 05:38:36 PM
^Cool - but having a pic or vid from you would be close to watching a brother shoot down a Gotha...get to it!

I'll capture it when I break my Gotha cherry.  ;)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2014, 05:46:44 PM
YAY! Be careful.

I will most definitely be shot by a gunner.  Plan on seeing some of that blood splatter on the screen.