Main Menu

Enter Friday

Started by Anguille, December 03, 2021, 05:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Don't have so much time to play since a few months...

Plan to play some:

- Stellaris (with an aquatic race)
- Pax Nova
- Stronghold Warlords

devoncop

Is Pax Nova feature complete yet ?

More Gloomhaven for me....absolutely  love it though my success rate in the Campaign dungeons is hardly stellar.

Playing some Campaign structured MP Field of Glory 2 as well (as Syracuse) and have just managed to take my first city from the Greeks whilst Carthaginian  forces are moving ominously eastwards towards my territory.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Anguille

Quote from: devoncop on December 03, 2021, 06:36:55 AM
Is Pax Nova feature complete yet ?
I would say so. The game had one free update (Frostborn) and 2 dlcs (the last one came out in november).

W8taminute

Wow that's a good song and video.  Is that David Caradine doing sign language?  He looks like Kill Bill. 

I picked up Rome Total War Remastered and Civ6 over the Steam sale so will probably spend time with those this weekend.  I'll also be playing New World.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Anguille

Quote from: W8taminute on December 03, 2021, 09:13:50 AM
Wow that's a good song and video.  Is that David Caradine doing sign language?  He looks like Kill Bill. 
He's also an actor but it's Paul Raci

Elise Trouw is a young singer/artist who is absolutely brilliant.

Gusington

After about 10 hours of GreedFall I have had enough, which is pretty disappointing because I thought I would love the game. The quests are dull as is the world and the travel system from location to location is terrible. I think Witcher 3 spoiled me to all other RPGs for a long time. Oh well.

To salve my digital wounds I am going for the warmth and comfort of Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition and started playing the Portuguese colonial African campaign. It is fun but it is kicking my arse! Also set up a skirmish as the Portuguese (they are a fun faction to play) against (IIRC) the Malay and one other civ (I forget which).

May also fire up A Plague Tale, Total War: Attila (1212 mod), AssCreed: Revelations and Cossacks 3 this weekend.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Anguille on December 03, 2021, 09:18:17 AM
He's also an actor but it's Paul Raci

Elise Trouw is a young singer/artist who is absolutely brilliant.

Good song.  As for me...Naval Action PvE...IL2 CliffsBlitzTobruk...and boardgames.

Rayfer

Enjoyed the song Ang....thanks.  Never heard of the band and could have done without the old guy's antics (and that's coming from me at 70 years old).....but the song was great.  With WDS releasing all those new download links with each game updated I got back into the Tiller games.....they still play great and now look even better.

Jarhead0331

David Caradine is long dead. He accidentally killed himself at the age of 72 trying to perform autoerotic asphyxiation. What a way to go.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

Shadow Empires. Maybe some co-op TW Warhammer II. Hog hunt Sunday night.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Sir Slash

Planning for a quiet day tomorrow so I'll be setting-up my WitE 1 Grand Campaign finally. So, naturally the whole world will probably beat a path to my front door.  :pullhair:  And, watching some great football games I hope. Have a great first weekend of December Grogs.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 03, 2021, 11:32:32 AM

David Caradine is long dead. He accidentally killed himself at the age of 72 trying to perform autoerotic asphyxiation. What a way to go.
Didn't realise that... ???

Toonces

^ It's a pretty tragic story, actually. 

As for gaming, I'm thinking of booting up Cold Waters with the Ultimate Mod and playing a Russian Papa class sub in the 1984 campaign.

I've got a pretty busy weekend ahead, much delayed maintenance at Casa Toonces, plus Xmas decorations going up and such, so gaming time might be somewhat limited.  Or maybe not.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

al_infierno

Heresy!  Blasphemy!  Vile fiends etc etc.!

There is only one true Enter Sandman!   :tickedoff:

Metal nerding aside, this weekend will likely be more Tabletop Simulator as I continue some campaigns in Six Gun Sound and the No Country for Old Men scenario I wrote.  I GM'd the game for my buddy, and he went on a pretty wild adventure before getting his head caved in by an Indian, which we decided was the most appropriately fitting way for a settler in the Old West to die.   #:-)  :hide:

Maybe some Company of Heroes 2 or the beta for 3 while I've got my RTS hat on.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

There is no nerding quite like metal nerding.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd