Main Menu

Now We Are FRIDAY

Started by Jarhead0331, January 21, 2022, 08:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Which faction are you playing in 1100AD?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: Phantom on January 21, 2022, 02:00:48 PM
Enemy Coast Ahead - game about dam-busters raid - (Am reading book of same name by Guy Gibson so seemed appropriate) and probably a little ActionPC Football as well.

Read that book when I was a very wee Tedlet and was mad about all things Lancaster for quite some time.

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 21, 2022, 04:56:05 PM
^Which faction are you playing in 1100AD?

I was Normandy and got crushed.  I'm currently Byzantium and still a little empire of sorts.

Gusington

^I almost got crushed as Kiev (was down to one province) but hung on and am slowly starting to kick ass. Putting it aside for now for more modern pursuits but will be back in not too much time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 22, 2022, 06:37:11 PM
^I almost got crushed as Kiev (was down to one province) but hung on and am slowly starting to kick ass. Putting it aside for now for more modern pursuits but will be back in not too much time.

I built up some tough armies as the Byzantines.  Here we see some mercenary spearmen becoming worried as they start to get some serious encounters with some veteran Byzantine troops (with shields and iconic banner heading into the camera):

Toonces

Quote from: Blucher on January 21, 2022, 12:32:03 PM
Ultima IX

Man, that's seriously old-skool. 

I have a bunch of the Ultima games on GoG, but I've never played any of them....as usual.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Meng the detail in that one Byzantine shield is awesome. And there's that banner again! Great little tidbits.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 22, 2022, 06:54:34 PM
Meng the detail in that one Byzantine shield is awesome. And there's that banner again! Great little tidbits.

Yep.  The mod has some good points.

Blucher

Quote from: Toonces on January 22, 2022, 06:44:18 PM
Quote from: Blucher on January 21, 2022, 12:32:03 PM
Ultima IX

Man, that's seriously old-skool. 

I have a bunch of the Ultima games on GoG, but I've never played any of them....as usual.

I got it in the recent gog sale for a couple of bucks. Added some fan patches and it is a rather enjoyable game despite the lame ass story. Dungeons are very complex but fun full of puzzles. Also playing without a walkthrough and doing ok so far.

Anguille

Great piece!

Just had some moments to play Sid Meier's Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies to relax

spelk

Played me some Stellaris (console version), some Battlefield 1 and tiddly bit of Rainbow Siege Extraction.

Gusington

I very much enjoyed playing the Ace Patrol games while drinking a beer.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: spelk on January 24, 2022, 04:31:19 AM
Played me some Stellaris (console version), some Battlefield 1 and tiddly bit of Rainbow Siege Extraction.

What's your take on Rainbow Six: Extraction? 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

spelk

Quote from: W8taminute on January 24, 2022, 12:56:03 PM
What's your take on Rainbow Six: Extraction?

Enjoying it, its basically a 3 player coop PvE version of Siege, but with some feistier enemy mechanics. It gets very frantic very quick.. it can go from a cool stealth tactical sweep to an eye blistering adrenalin soaked wipeout in seconds.

The price you pay for failure is that your operators health or lack of it, is persistant between missions.. so if you take a lot of damage to your actual health (rather than just whittling away your shielded mitigating temporary health) the you need to use your other ops to gain experience that pays for trickle healing of your injured ops. If they go down to like 30% health, they're out of action till they trickle heal up, if they are killed outright, the aliens will have them cocooned away and the MIA rescue becomes a part of your next runs mission.

A coordinated team ~should~ have enough tactical options to cover unforseen eventualities.

To be honest, I didn't go into it with high expectations, I suspected it was a IP asset fluff of Siege. There was a monster/horde mode timed event in Siege a while back, that IMHO just didn't sit right on the more planned controlled tacops of Siege itself. However, I've been pleasantly surprised with the amount of enviromental and enemy threats overlapping to make picking your way through a mission always a layered problem that needs coordinated solutions. So for coop its good tucker.

if you want to see it in action, by a team who know how to play it, this is a good watch:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lLEOniZxkT0