Age of Empires 4 Gameplay trailer!

Started by AchillesLastStand, November 14, 2019, 11:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AchillesLastStand

Was thinking it was going to be set in the Pike and Shot era but this looks like pure Medieval era to me. Am not complaining though, it looks wonderful.

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Destraex on November 15, 2019, 12:46:34 AM
Is it going to be on xbox?

:2funny:

Well I'm definitely in for this one, but when's it out?  I was probably going to buy the just-released definitive edition of AOE2, but there wouldn't be much point if 4 is out soon.

Gusington

Au contraire. There is so much new content in the Age of Kings Definitive Edition, it will snap your neck. I just booted it up last night and after squealing with girly delight, I figured there's like a year's worth of gaming there if not more. It is making me very happy. If you loved the original, get the definitive edition. If you never played it, get the definitive edition.

Now I have to watch the above video and squeal again.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Just watched the above video and although it was only a short clip I have to say HOLY DOG
SHIT.

Looks amazing. The trebuchets looked amazing.

Who knows when it will be released. I just have to make sure to live long enough to see it

All that said I was very disappointed by AoEIII. It just could not hold the same magic that Age of Kings did for me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I loved AoE 2 back in the day but I'm not sure I can go back to the whole click-fest, herding cats feel of the game unless this new one has improved that aspect greatly. Santa Claus, I want to believe.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FlickJax

I love the look but not sure on RTS anymore

Huw the Poo

Alright Gus, you've convinced me.  I didn't realise there was so much new.  I was just going to buy it anyway because I'm such a whore.

Sir Slash

Speaking as an avowed, 'Total War whore, Combat Mission whore, Baldur's Gate whore, etc., I prefer the term, 'Independently Selectable Challenged'.  :hug:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I do not think you'll be disappointed, Huw. Check for discounts too, there are several floating around...I got 25% off for owning a previous iteration, knocking the price down to 15.00 - a great price for everything included. Like I said I will be playing the AoEII Definitive Edition for months, if not years. It may take the place of the TW games for a bit too.

WHORES!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Whores unite!

(Sorry Sir Slash, I like your epithet, but whore is so much easier to say!)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

So , you're a Whore whore. I can respect that.

Destraex

AOEIV gameplay. Siege engines need no crew and friendly fire does not seem to be a thing. Otherwise this looks like a little bit of fun. It's AOE, I get that it's stylised combat and aimed at younger audiences. It's meant to be simple and somewhat idealistic/fantastic. Ancestors Legacy on the other hand is brutal and incorporates moral, flanking, friendly fire etc. All the things you would expect of a COH2 or higher RTS.
AOE is your John Wayne era RTS. No blood, unlimited bullets and heroic but unrealistic feel good stuff.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

bobarossa

Early on in video I thought I saw Mongols packing up a city and moving it!  Is that new?