Jumanji - Another New One

Started by airboy, July 02, 2019, 04:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I saw a trailer for Jumanji #2 and it looked wonderful.

Danny Glover and Danny DeVito get sucked into the game world.  The hot redhead is back.  All of the original main cast is back.  I'm very excited!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZuiITzHTgY

JasonPratt

Well, strictly speaking it's #3, but yeah.

Hot redhead is Karen Gillen by the way: Scottish former Doctor Who companion (one of the best ones, too), and the blue-ish skinned cyborg "Nebula" in the Guardians of the Galaxy films (plus Avengers 3 and 4).

The Rock remains a national treasure. Or maybe an international treasure.

GUYS I JUST REALIZED WHAT REBOOTQUEL HE SHOULD GET INVOLVED WITH NEXT! -- Nicholas Cage and Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson, in International Treasure!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

Unfortunately, he is remaking Big Trouble in Little China.

Staggerwing

Quote from: airboy on July 05, 2019, 01:00:23 AM

Considering how much the movie industry depends on overseas sales, remaking that movie sounds like a script writer's cultural minefield nightmare.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

I think your autocorrect accidentally fixed "wet-dream"! -- the Rock, a popular actor overseas, goes into goofy action mode to play the mostly-useless Jack Burton, stereotypical ignorant but good-hearted and brave American truck driver, being swept up into a wuxia magic story to help his Chinese friends who, along with their enemies, are all far more competent than he is.

You could practically remake it shot for shot and print your profit afterward.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Ubercat

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 05, 2019, 05:42:42 AM
Quote from: airboy on July 05, 2019, 01:00:23 AM

Considering how much the movie industry depends on overseas sales, remaking that movie sounds like a script writer's cultural minefield nightmare.

They should worry more about domestic sales. No one in China, Japan, S. Korea, India, or anywhere else in Asia cares a whit about "cultural appropriation." It's just over-privileged, spoiled twats in western countries.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Sir Slash

I've always been against spoiled twats in movies or elsewhere. SAVE THE TWATS!  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Big Trouble in Little China is probably the movie I've watched the most times.  It is so perfect it does not need a remake.

But if the remake is even average I'd probably go see it in the theater because my wife wants to see every Dwayne Johnson movie with even average reviews for "some reason."