Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Great story !  :notworthy:
There is a lot of 'fiddling' required when starting out with (combat) flightsims and most will also want a decent joystick, which raises the cost of entry.
Perhaps its self-defense for some, to not get involved, because you can quickly fall through the rabbit's hole when you do start.
But you're right; it needs a few hours of one's time with every new aircraft you want to learn. No instant gratification .
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Redwolf

Steam sale is on, lots of aircraft are 50% or 33% off.

I got the new P-47 and finally the MiG-21.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Redwolf on October 29, 2020, 02:05:47 PM

I'm considering the Jug, but I just never fly WWII in DCS.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Redwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 29, 2020, 02:33:22 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on October 29, 2020, 02:05:47 PM

I'm considering the Jug, but I just never fly WWII in DCS.

I spent some time with the two, and the MiG is a blast, way more fun than the P-47.

mikeck

P-47 is great if WW2 is your thing. Something about the smoke trails from 8 .50s that makes me want to spend 30 minutes flying it to get there.
Same with the F-86

But yeah, the mig-21 is a blast; especially if you like flipping  metal switches And looking at old-Timey displays. I love that old-ass Cold War cockpit and you have to fly it: no fly by wire. The mig 21, mig 19 and F-14 are my favorites to fly. Although I love the F-18 and F-16 for serious missions....I'm kinda getting a crush on the mirage: just so f'ing sexy.

But if you want to try something different for a change, invest the $ and a few hours into flying the Mig 21. I mean, picture the red glowing cockpit displays on a dark January night in a swirling snowstorm as you take off to intercept the imperialist B-52s. Yum

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5abnwsJtnww
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

I just broke down and ordered the new flight panels from winwing for combat ready and take off...ugh.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

Damn nice!  :smitten:
Let us know how it performs!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Dammit Carl!

Redwolf

Quote from: mikeck on October 29, 2020, 10:24:39 PM
But yeah, the mig-21 is a blast; especially if you like flipping  metal switches And looking at old-Timey displays. I love that old-ass Cold War cockpit and you have to fly it: no fly by wire. The mig 21, mig 19 and F-14 are my favorites to fly. Although I love the F-18 and F-16 for serious missions....I'm kinda getting a crush on the mirage: just so f'ing sexy.

But if you want to try something different for a change, invest the $ and a few hours into flying the Mig 21. I mean, picture the red glowing cockpit displays on a dark January night in a swirling snowstorm as you take off to intercept the imperialist B-52s. Yum

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5abnwsJtnww

The most important feature so far is the ejection seat. Those stubby delta wings get me into trouble easily.

The inverted Soviet-style artificial horizon doesn't help either.

Jarhead0331

Guam is looking pretty enough to bomb.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mikeck

Ugh....my computer is chugging just thinking about me flying over that map
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Progress of the sim pit. Hopefully, winwing panels will arrive next week.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

If I post my 'pit' you'll laugh!  :notworthy:

Gusington

'I don't even have a pit, I have to admire yours.'  :-[

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd