Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on August 20, 2014, 01:32:54 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on August 20, 2014, 01:26:42 PM
I'm not sure what sort of missions I'll make for the MiG21 -- maybe as an Evil Advanced Technology fighter going after the MiG15 and/or F-86F.

Stock DCS World comes with AI F-4s.  Although I think they are F-4E models are from Turkey and such.  Which is probably fitting since this MiG-21 looks to be a later model, having the larger "hump".

That would work well, but since I bought the F-86, I was looking for an excuse to fly it occasionally.

Skoop

Ooo, that's a good one, Georgian 1995 skirmish against turks.  Georgians are Mig-21s, SU-25, Mi8s, T-55s, and Bmps.  Turks are F-4s, A-4s, hueys, M60s, and M-113s.  I'll have to see if they can cook that one up for the SimHq servers.

After watching that video, I will definitely have to put my touch screen back into service.  My secret weapon for accelerating cockpit management.  Sounds like the switchology is a nitemare but could be fun conquering it.

sandman2575

Not to derail, but I've been thinking about picking up Flaming Cliffs 3 and wonder what folks think of it.  It's supposed to be more 'intermediate' than standard DCS modules, correct?  I have a few of DCS planes but have been too intimated to give them a try, just not having the time to devote to learning them, so something a little less hardcore would interest me.

Cougar_DK

Quote from: sandman2575 on August 21, 2014, 09:00:46 AM
Not to derail, but I've been thinking about picking up Flaming Cliffs 3 and wonder what folks think of it.  It's supposed to be more 'intermediate' than standard DCS modules, correct?  I have a few of DCS planes but have been too intimated to give them a try, just not having the time to devote to learning them, so something a little less hardcore would interest me.

Yes, its a lot simpler to start engines and systems. There is no clickable cockpit though so you need the key map for your plane.

There were a matrix with the different planes and their cockpit and flight model level but I can't find it  :(

But take the Su-25 of for a spin and see if you like the cockpit, starting up, changing weapons modes and the like before buying.

The Ka-50, A-10C, Mi-8, UH-1H, P-51D, Fw190D9 and F-86F is study sims and they need some time to read up on and then a lot of practice  ;)
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

sandman2575

Thanks Cougar  -- after watching Froogle's MiG-21 video, and hearing how you have to manage things like the plane's alcohol supply because that's what powers the radar... I could probably do with something a little less demanding  8)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: sandman2575 on August 21, 2014, 09:40:39 AM
Thanks Cougar  -- after watching Froogle's MiG-21 video, and hearing how you have to manage things like the plane's alcohol supply because that's what powers the radar... I could probably do with something a little less demanding  8)

Gives you a whole new respect for the guys who actually flew these things...and not only flew them, but flew them under combat conditions. You really had to have your $hit down tight.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

sandman2575

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 21, 2014, 09:42:30 AM
Gives you a whole new respect for the guys who actually flew these things...and not only flew them, but flew them under combat conditions. You really had to have your $hit down tight.

Yeah, no question -- the combination of intelligence, reflexes, steel nerves, and physical endurance that combat pilots have to possess, and always have, is hugely impressive --

jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 21, 2014, 09:42:30 AM
Quote from: sandman2575 on August 21, 2014, 09:40:39 AM

Especially those from 3rd world countries who can take on a superpower.
http://acepilots.com/vietnam/viet_aces.html

Toonces

I would agree on the suggestion to try out the Su-25 for free first.  That is very representative of the FC3 line of aircraft.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on August 21, 2014, 12:06:58 PM
I would agree on the suggestion to try out the Su-25 for free first.  That is very representative of the FC3 line of aircraft.

Yep.

But many of the aircraft in FC3 are fighters.  You won't get much feel for air-to-air stuff with the Frog, but the air-to-air radar modelling isn't too overbearing in FC3.

jomni

I still believe DCS World is more suited for ground attack simulation.

Yskonyn

That's much more due to the small theatre of operations than the engine itself .
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

You nailed it. Thats the reason.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on August 20, 2014, 01:45:21 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 20, 2014, 01:32:54 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on August 20, 2014, 01:26:42 PM
I'm not sure what sort of missions I'll make for the MiG21 -- maybe as an Evil Advanced Technology fighter going after the MiG15 and/or F-86F.

Stock DCS World comes with AI F-4s.  Although I think they are F-4E models are from Turkey and such.  Which is probably fitting since this MiG-21 looks to be a later model, having the larger "hump".

That would work well, but since I bought the F-86, I was looking for an excuse to fly it occasionally.

Mig21bis preview:

http://www.simhq.com/air-combat/preview-dcs-mig-21bis.html

PanzersEast

Have any of you flown a multiplayer mission?  I recently pulled this out of mothball and was flying the SU-25... and maybe putting time back into the A-10C   I still fly my Falcon....

PE