Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartford688

Indeed!

Though that isn't for the A10A in FC3 I think - you need the separate A10C module.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Hartford688 on October 29, 2016, 03:37:18 PM
Indeed!

Though that isn't for the A10A in FC3 I think - you need the separate A10C module.

Gotcha...I must have bought that one in the past since its in my library.

Nefaro

I've not purchased any of the canned campaign pack DLCs.  They seem to be fairly well received, just not quite my style.

Played a few missions of the Black Shark 2 campaign, in the Ka-50, a couple years ago.  Was enjoyable enough, although I don't know if they'd have much replayability beyond the first time through.  Plus, it came with the BS2 module so I didn't spend extra. 

I suppose most of these campaigns ease you through getting familiar with the specific aircraft, over the course of the campaign.

jomni

Thanks to Nefaro, I'm doing more MP lately.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on October 30, 2016, 05:25:51 AM
Thanks to Negara, I'm doing more MP lately.

I wanted to do some 104th Phoenix air-to-air MP yesterday afternoon, but it said I got auto-kicked for high ping after starting & taxi'ing my Su-27. 

Thought that rather strange.  Never happened before.  Either my ISP went briefly nuts or that server was too crowded (with nearly 40 people on).

Grim.Reaper

Indeed!

Did you end up buying FC3?  Still on the fence myself....was trying the free version and the one plane I had and boy, I just find it tough to control so not sure it will keep me interested.  The game seems great, just might not be within my capabilities.

Tuna

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 30, 2016, 03:39:43 PM
Indeed!

Did you end up buying FC3?  Still on the fence myself....was trying the free version and the one plane I had and boy, I just find it tough to control so not sure it will keep me interested.  The game seems great, just might not be within my capabilities.

For the SU-25T you should definitely setup a HAT for Trimming, as it does require a lot of tender loving care.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tuna on October 30, 2016, 04:05:21 PM
Indeed!

For the SU-25T you should definitely setup a HAT for Trimming, as it does require a lot of tender loving care.

I guess I hate to admit it, might be too much of a sim for me....making all the micro adjustments and trying to figure out the 100 different keyboard buttons is what I struggle with...I envy all you virtual pilots out there....as I am fiddling with the controls, the enemy is promptly shooting me out of the sky:)

Hartford688

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 30, 2016, 04:07:44 PM
Quote from: Tuna on October 30, 2016, 04:05:21 PM
Indeed!

I guess I hate to admit it, might be too much of a sim for me....making all the micro adjustments and trying to figure out the 100 different keyboard buttons is what I struggle with...I envy all you virtual pilots out there....as I am fiddling with the controls, the enemy is promptly shooting me out of the sky:)

Well - I had to get my DCS account reset from the time many years ago that I had the original Ka50 - a guy in Russia was very helpful, so a few minutes ago I got FC3 and installed it.

Honestly I know what you mean - I have tried and died so often on these air sims over the years. But the lure is too strong and I head back in yet again. I'm going to make a big push this time, see if I can crack it.

Grim.Reaper

Ok, good luck...keep me posted...the sale still has 2 days to go so maybe sill time for me:)

Tuna

Baby steps.. first you just do taking off and landing...

Then Watch a few videos.. .Figure out which commands to map to buttons on your Joystick or keys. I Put all the changes I do into a text file, so I can reference it as I'm playing. I have Thrustmaster Hotas, so only one Hat.. I made two of the buttons modifier keys so that I could use the Hat for three different functions without taking hands of the joystick.

If you do all by Keyboard it is definitely too hard!.. LOL, just think, the Flaming Cliff planes are the 'easy' ones ;-).

But seriously, the first time you start to get it, it starts getting really fun. This is from a noob who still really sucks!

Skoop

I actually think the non fc3 AC with clickable cockpits are easier to use then trying to remember all these random hotas combos needed for fc3.  I'd love for them to add clickable cockpits for the fc3 jets, but they have too much on thier plate.

I wouldn't want anything to derail the progress towards the 2.0 / 1.5 merge or the f18 EA release.

If you can conquer the a10c on full real, it builds your confidence to conquer more planes full real.  Then before you know it, your a total sim head flying ils approachs in boeing 737s on xplane simply because you can.

Hartford688

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 30, 2016, 04:15:42 PM
Ok, good luck...keep me posted...the sale still has 2 days to go so maybe sill time for me:)

Will do! Sadly my weekend is over now, but will try to start after work tomorrow.

And it'll be on sale again in a few weeks no doubt!