Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on November 02, 2016, 07:39:52 AM
I don't know what's worse.  My poor situational awareness or my opponent who can't take me out with his missiles.
{youtube link}

What in the hell was that guy doing with his missiles? 

I have to think he didn't have a clue how to use them.  Just pickling them off without any lock.   ;D

Can understand you not noticing, if he never locked you up.  Plus the graphics engine is shit for seeing distant objects without sizable impostors enabled (most MP servers have None or the smallest most useless ones set).

jomni

He probably trying to be sneaky by using the Electro-optical sensor.

Nefaro

Hadn't flown in almost a week.  Thought I'd get murderized after getting on the 104th Phoenix server for a couple sorties today. 

Well.. I got murderized once.  Then two kills on my second sortie in the F-15, one with a 'winder.   \m/   

Not a bad start. 

No TacView replays enabled on that server, though. 

Evidently people can watch replays, while the sim is running, and see where others are located.  :-\  I wonder if some people use it to cheat like that on servers such as Open Conflict and 16AGR?  Would be very sad if so, but hopefully most of the DCS community is better than that.

jomni

Beats me. Hope it isn't pervasive.

Tuna

Quote from: jomni on November 05, 2016, 03:56:26 AM
Beats me. Hope it isn't pervasive.

Tuna got a drone and a bomber kill last night (both AI :-() .. Flew around with his gear down.. Ate a mountain.. Fun with Joystick issues (and remapped keys that I forgot I changed).

Nefaro

Tuna likes to make things more challenging for himself.  Too easy, otherwise!   :))

I'll likely be on for a bit this afternoon, doing the same.  EDIT:  Unless we plan on getting the band back together for a stretch of WoWS.

Tuna

Signing on now, but on my Son's computer.. so no flying.. will look at WoW first, if no-one shows up. .might do Civ or something..

Nefaro

Begun the process of re-learning the A-10C.

Haven't yet begun setting up the plethora of HOTAS buttons for it yet.  Just takes time since my CH HOTAS has more than enough buttons and hats as the real ones.     :)

The real work is in taking time to memorize all the management system commands again.  Although this can pay off doubly, since much of it is similar in Falcon BMS' Viper.   :bd:   

Nefaro

v1.5.5 was released this week.

Looks like they may have added the shared Map comments for teams in F10 view.

Also I don't have to worry about blowing my tires in the Su-27 by using the brakes more than 1.5 seconds now.  :clap:

DCS World

Introduced user Tactical Marks on the F10 map view.
    New flight dynamics of Stinger and Igla missiles.
    ME. Attack point circle on the map restored
    Debriefing. The duplicate tasks and aircraft names in the General Debriefing Data will be filtered
    Added clickable radio-menu
    AI UH-1H will not able to fly with broken tail rotor
    IL-78 refueling pod lights: functionality added
    Fixed visibility some map objects through haze
    The LOD of destroyed Kamaz-43101 model has been fixed
    Simulation ESC menu. Added Audio Option panel button
    Simulation ESC menu. Added Quit to Desktop button
    Crash when trying to take control (jump into) of AI helicopter with vertical velocity more than 2 m/s fixed
    Mission Generator. GUI Error when trying to change the starting position of vehicle company has been fixed
    MP. Added keyboard shortcut (F5) to refresh a list of servers in the lobby
    MP. Lobby. The task column was replaced with an airfield column.
    MP. Fixed bug that causes a no restriction movement of F11 view after ESC pressing
    MP. Player kick button will visible only on server
    MP: increased default timeouts to 300 seconds
    Network protocol changed (version 1.5.5 incompatible with 1.5.4)
    Added new 3D models: KRAZ truck and Merkava 4 MBT.
    Il-78 tanker. Added lights animation to UPAZ refueling pod.

DCS FC3

Su-33: Autopilot mode indication will work
    Su-33. Digital fuel indicator repaired
    Su-25T. Engine sound will not disappear in cockpit when RPM<36% and RPM>98%
    F-15C. The override possibility of TWS 30 degree scan to 60 degree scan has been eliminated
    F-15C. TDC will not be slewed by mouse to outside the scan zone
    Su-27. Incorrect indication of fuel quantity when starting in air has been fixed
    Su-27. Flight control system with AOA and G-limiter has been adjusted
    Su-27. Autopilot has been adjusted
    Su-27. Tires strength has been adjusted

etc etc

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2941506&postcount=38

JudgeDredd

I've said it before - and everytime I hear they have updated 1.5 I'll say it again - I wish they'd hurry up and take 1.5 to the new engine so I can get into some missions. Missions are as rare as rocking horse shite in 2.0
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

1.5 already runs on the new graphics engine, but I think you might be refering to the unified version where Nevada gets integrated into the software.
That, unfortunately, will not be yet for a long while according to the newsletter: 2.5 will not make 2016 anymore. Deja-vu anyone? ;)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 12, 2016, 10:54:12 AM
1.5 already runs on the new graphics engine, but I think you might be refering to the unified version where Nevada gets integrated into the software.
That, unfortunately, will not be yet for a long while according to the newsletter: 2.5 will not make 2016 anymore. Deja-vu anyone? ;)

1.5 uses the new gfx engine, but doesn't it still draw the Black Sea map the same inefficient way it did before?  That's why they still have to do all the udpates to that map for v2.5. 

Which probably won't be anytime soon since the DCS whims seem to be focused on their WW2 Normandy map (if anything).

Yskonyn

Ah you mean the new Caucasus map.
Yes that is slated for 2.5 which we wont get until Normandy, Nevada AND Caucasus new are finished and Caucasus new will not be worked on anymore until the two other maps and Spitfire are done, thus says the newsletter...
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

My UI got bugged with this latest version.  Minor issue with mouse pointer, but I'll try again later.

Probably needs a patch for the patch.  Pretty common with games these days.

Yskonyn

1.5.5 initially completely broke third party tools like Universe Radio and Tacview, cause the export.lua script had been changed.
Fixed are coming in since yesterday luckily.