Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

It might've been a 'fluke' thing, because Nef was fine. Of course he was trying to make me believe my machine was hexed!.. But just before we went to WoW.. I tried the Open Conflict server and got in fine. I was strange I had all these instances of SYSHost Restricted Network processes running that were sucking up all my HD.

Yskonyn

It's been rather messy, the two updates.
Our wing still hasn't switched to 1.5.5.  :(
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

The patch to their buggy patch just came in today:

Quote from: DCS
DCS 1.5.5.59744 Update 1

DCS Mi-8MTV2 goes to official release status

DCS World

PAI: AI refueling check collision optimisation, multi-hose tanker flow fix, AI-client position fix
    PAI : Kutaisi. Collision on taxiing fixed
    The void onboard numbers in the custom skins has been fixed
    Manpad units will produce script ON SHOT event
    VR crash for SFM planes fixed
    The smoke trail effects (leaks, smoke-generators, missile trails) corrected
    Missile trail will not suddenly disappears on some distance
    Mission generator. The error when China Su-27 is selected has been fixed
    The aircraft laser designator will not pass through buildings and missiles will not aim to laser spot behind the illuminated building
    Merkava 4. Machineguns' ammunition amount corrected
    Fix of the script error when aerobatic task selected in triggered actions panel
    MiG-29. The weapons will not hang in air when corresponding wing with pylons is lost
    DoF is off for VR devices
    Su-27: Engine RPM in the engine stalls condition corrected
    Camera will be attached to pilot after ejection in any case
    MP. The free camera of dead pilot will not be able to move to anywhere if the free camera is prohibited on the server

DCS Hawk by VEAO

AHRS failure on re-spawn fixed.
    HYD2 pressure loss on re-spawn fixed.
    Keyboard pitch control now auto re-centers preventing HYD bleed during flight.
    Liveries: "Finland HW-329 Green Brown" added to country Finland
    Liveries: "Finland HW-341 Grey" made more matte and wrong liveries name fixed (was "HW-373 Grey" instead of "HW-341 Grey")
    Swiss textures being black in F1 and F2 view fixed.

DCS M-2000C by RAZBAM

Fixed radio indicator showing "---.--" when radio powered off
    Updated mil-power engine performance
    Updated airfoil tables for more correct sustained turn rate
    Updated damage configuration
    Added DDM Equipment
    Added Caucasus Campaign (1.5.5 only)
    Added Caucasus Training Missions (1.5.5 only)
    Added CMD Program Edit
    Added BLG-66 Belouga cluster bomb
    Removed MK-20 Rockeye cluster bomb

DCS Fw 190 D-9

Pilot model in cockpit is able to be disabled
    Decreasing of fuel quantity via rearm/refuel dialog will not affect MW50 tank
    Inverted keyboard commands for reticle brightness control

DCS A-10C

Second AIM-9 missile will have a seeker indication on HUD
    Simplified Radio is restored

DCS Mi-8MTV2

Sling-load gameplay upgraded: new loads were added ( 8 so far, more to come with updates) with their dynamics tuned, sling damage upon contact with helicopter implemented, crew chief sling-load operation voice commands added.
    Released model of rope damage with helicopter
    Released model of cargos damage with world objects
    AI door and rear gunners added ( Door gunned with "KORD" 12.7 mm machine gun and rear gunner with PKT machine gun 7.62 mm), with ability to play as door gunner. Different predefined settings for combined TrackIR and mouse interactions for view and machine gun controls were added.
    if in addition to existing input devices (keyboard, mouse, joysticks) there is a head tracking device (TrackIR), views and gun can be controlled in three different ways without the need for self settings by user
    Reworked helicopter dynamic according to taken damage or systems failures (tail rotor fails dynamic, tail breakaway, tail rotor transmission fin damage);
    Destructive overload was fine-tuned (gear break possibility, tail rotor breakaway), gear friction, damage system from projectiles hits tuned, crew cabin armor implemented;
    Cockpit sound was tuned and fixed according to real Mi-8 pilots feedback;
    Gun Camera added.
    Special options for module were changed, including addition of joystick without springs and FFB option.
    Incorrect changes in camera pitch caused by airframe shake fixed
    Pilot's guide was reworked, every procedure illustrated, systems descriptions added (including frequently asked questions on forums), typos and inaccuracies fixed (guide volume increased by 100%).

We are aware of the bug with the m117 crate, it will be fixed in upcoming updates.

DCS Ka-50

ABRIS Search function will work
    Restored chaff sound that was absent in some conditions

DCS L-39

Taxi and landing lights initialization at night hot start added

DCS Bf 109 K-4

Auto start sequence will not depend by radio start-up request if it was sent before

Campaigns

A-10C Piercing Fury Campaign. AI Chinook will land

Nefaro

Another update.

Judging by 104th Phoenix server now being up-to-date, I suppose most of the stuff broken in last month's update is progressively getting addressed.

May have to start doing some MP again before long.

Nefaro

The ground attack Viggen must be getting close to release, judging by the increase in vids.

Jarhead0331

^Should not have watched that video...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Nefaro on December 10, 2016, 09:17:58 AM
The ground attack Viggen must be getting close to release, judging by the increase in vids.

That seriously looks like someone has been brushing up on their marketing skills.  O0
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 10, 2016, 09:43:26 AM
^Should not have watched that video...

Wait until the F-18 pre-release vids start coming out.

Wallet DOOM!   >:D

Nefaro

DCS Sale

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

DCS World Christmas Sale - up to 60% off!

You've waited all year for the big sale discounts, and they are here today with the start of our Christmas Sale! Get 40% off on all DCS World E-Shop items, with the following exceptions:

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 - 60% off
    DCS: Combined Arms - 60 % off
    DCS: Hawk by VEAO - 60% off
    DCS: MiG-21bis – 50% off
    DCS: A-10C Warthog - 50% off
    DCS: Black Shark 2 – 50% off
    DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map – 30% off
    DCS: F-5E Tiger II – 30% off
    DCS: Spitfire LF Mk. IX - 20% off
    All Campaigns – 50% off

May be time to grab the MiG-21 or F-5 for some Cold War server action.

JudgeDredd

O0

I'm still not buying anything else at the moment until I see how this "world" fleshes out. I've got enough stand-alone fighters to go on with.
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

From the newsletter :

Our next big World War II event will be the Early Access release of the DCS: Normandy 1944 map in the 1st quarter of 2017. The postponement of this release was the result of two primary factors:

DCS: Normandy 1944 will be the first DCS World map to use our new lighting system. As a result, we have had to remake all landscape textures and objects. This has been a massive task, but we believe it will be worth the time and effort.
    As our first map for DCS: World War II, a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating many new period objects like tanks, trucks, air defense units, trains, ships, and AI bombers. We are also creating many objects that make up the "Atlantic Wall" along the Normandy coast. We believe these objects are essential for making great missions.

Nefaro

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 30, 2016, 09:28:58 AM
From the newsletter :

Our next big World War II event will be the Early Access release of the DCS: Normandy 1944 map in the 1st quarter of 2017. The postponement of this release was the result of two primary factors:

DCS: Normandy 1944 will be the first DCS World map to use our new lighting system. As a result, we have had to remake all landscape textures and objects. This has been a massive task, but we believe it will be worth the time and effort.
    As our first map for DCS: World War II, a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating many new period objects like tanks, trucks, air defense units, trains, ships, and AI bombers. We are also creating many objects that make up the "Atlantic Wall" along the Normandy coast. We believe these objects are essential for making great missions.

All I've been seeing, late this year, is the developer working on this accursed WW2 map.  And WW2 planes..? 

Get v2.0 engine done, for the love of all that flies!!!    :tickedoff:   The flights of development fancy make it so frustrating.  Especially when it takes them well over a month to fix bugs introduced in one of their updates.   Let's hope they don't get further sidetracked, after this map is semi-finished, into half-adding yet another time period into the mix.

I love flying the 1970s+ combat aircraft in DCS multi-player.  But sweet baby tauntaun on a stick!  The development prioritization is insane!

Tuna

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on December 31, 2016, 12:37:42 AM
Developer ADD.

That sums it up.

The 3rd Party devs seem to be the ones carrying it lately.

JudgeDredd

+1

I get saddened whenever I see news on an update which doesn't include the sentence "v2 is complete and we're firing head strong into campaigns to tie everything together" or that includes a new module which isn't anything to do with 2 or whenever I see a sale and I think "What's the point - nothing's finished"

:'(
Alba gu' brath